My main 2016 goal

sweetooth86

hi all, so this year I've not made a pathetic 'no chocolate' resolution instead I've set a goal for 2016.
Apart from here I'm keeping it private from friends and family for now. Sounds vain but I quite like the idea of somebody noticing genuine weight loss to comment on it rather than a week after I start tell me 'ooooh you can tell you've lost weight' when in reality it's a night out and I've contoured the life out of my chins etc with make up haha!
So my plan isn't involving any sort of 'plan' per say as I know my faults I over indulge in both eating and being bone idol. So I'm eating less bad stuff because my actual meals are healthy it's the things I inhale around meal times that do the damage and I'm moving my backside more. Going to be starting by walking and building up the frequency and amount of time I'm doing it get a bit of my old stamina back. I think once I'm doing My walking with ease I'm going to try the couch to 5k challenge.
Anyway I have no idea how much I weigh but given the fact I can't do my size 24 jeans up without cutting off circulation I know I'm the biggest/heaviest I've ever been.

Tomorrow is d-day I'm going the chemist for 'real' scales... I'm going to be disgusted but the first step.

I'm on my fitness pal with the same username so feel free to add me!

Hi sweetooth, welcome and good luck!
Sounds like a good plan. I find MFP really helped and I'm sure you will soon settle into a good routine once you figure out what works for you... Then it's just sticking to it! Which is where forums like this can really help.

When I started my diet I only told my boyfriend, I know what you mean about wanting to get genuine compliments. Also - I didn't want to have to endlessly talk about my diet plan with all my 'real world' friends, I just wanted yo get on with it.

You'll be zipping up those jeans in no time, and then you'll be looking for smaller sizes!!

Xxx

good luck on your journey you have them jeans on in no time and the weight will be dropping off x

Hey sweetooth - like you no-one knows I am doing the diet (living alone makes that easier). I just want to get into some kind of groove and in my own space if that makes sense?! Best of luck to you x

Thanks everyone, the jeans thing was the last straw! Planning on being in them a matter of weeks before I'm onto my next size down and so on. I've bought skinny jeans (the irony haha) in 22 20 and 18 in the sale to aim into in the coming months.
Not managed to be weighed today as the chemist is closed but I've managed to go for a 6.7 mile round walk at a 'get my heart pumping' pace and I'm currently taking a little tea break (minus the biscuits) from de-cluttering and sorting my wardrobes which is a work out in itself.

Is it wise to weigh myself once a week or month? Not buying scales for my house because last time I had a crack at losing my weight I was obsessively on them and then loosing heart if I'd worked out all day and the scales didn't move so then I'd have the attitude that my hard work wasn't making a difference... Impatient or what haha!

X

Just popping by to subscribe and wish you luck on your weight loss journey :)
I know how you feel about getting on those scales too often...I try really hard to resist and weigh in once a week.

Thanks Laura, I'm definItely not buying any for the house. Think I might step on the scales once a month the more I think about it. Stops me obsessing haha

Once a month is good if you're prone to obsessing!! Perhaps try and tie it in with you monthly cycle to avoid any pre-totm water weight

6.7 miles is great! It might not show immediately but it definitely all helps xx

Welcome! :)

I agree that weighing once per month is definitely a good idea if you're prone to getting obsessive about it. I did a challenge last year with some ladies from Minimins that involved putting our scales away for a whole month and not peeking; it was harder than I expected, with the scales being in the house!

Anyway, good luck!

yes i did it to gps lol and it worked better

Popping in to subscribe. Good luck. You can do it.

Back