My own new mini-target

Minders

Finding inspiration
Right... I've just had a gig booked for 15th August. It's a big event and lots of people that I've known over the years (but many I haven't seen for a while) will be there. It's a big public event. That's nerve wracking enough without worrying about my weight!

The gig is roughly 8 weeks away. I need to totally focus on my eating as I want to look as good as I possibly can by then. I should easily be able to shift another half a stone by then, but more would be better. So, my Mini-Mins chums... your job is to keep me focussed and help me really focus on keeping to plan as I want to look fabulous on the 15th.

Here we go!:D

You can do it girlfriend, look how far you have come , half a stone in 8 weeks is nothing to you. x

We will focus you!!! Get in that zone Minders...you can do it.

I'm doing a gig on the 15th August - it's a wedding and whilst I won't be on show as such, it's still something I need to look good for whilst playing on stage, so I will be your 15th August SW buddy :)

Stacey, here, reporting for duty! <salute>

We'll keep you on track! Is it a gig you're playing at?
Yep. I play guitar and sing lead in a rock covers band... and for this gig I want to look more "hot mama" than "Mama Cass"! LOL!:party0049:

I didn't know you were in a covers band! Me too... Well, ours is more of a function band than 'rock' and we play all sorts of stuff. I play sax and BVs. Have you got a website?! *nosey*

Yay to us bandy types!! :D

Actually one of my motivations for losing weight this time was a monsoon dress in the sale that the singer suggested all the girls in the band purchase to wear on stage. I absolutely refused to buy the 16, even though the 14 was too tight. Now, the 14 is too big! :)

Wow Minders I had no idea you were a musician! How fab! You'll do it no bother, but I'm standing by with my tongue sharpened!

We will focus you!!! Get in that zone Minders...you can do it.

I'm doing a gig on the 15th August - it's a wedding and whilst I won't be on show as such, it's still something I need to look good for whilst playing on stage, so I will be your 15th August SW buddy :)

Great idea from Hellie especially as your gigs are the same date. We can badger you both!

Yep... go us! :D

I told my OH that I had this goal... and he started in on another one of his lectures about how I should exercise more, do this, do that... etc. Says he, fatter than I've ever seen him and doing NONE of what he says I should... I despair!:rolleyes: Men, eh??

As for the website, there is one, but it's being changed at the moment as (a) there has been a personnel change in the band and (b) all the pics of me are several stone ago and I want them changed!!! I'll post a couple of pics from last weekend's gig in the profile pics bit on here if you're curious... But no laughing!:p

Back