My Pregnancy diary :)

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at this site for a while now for ideas and inspiration but only just decided to join! I am 20 weeks pregnant with my second little boy and desperate not to gain too much weight as will be hard enough work with two little ones without having loads to lose! I have been doing slimming world for a week now, have lost 2lb which I didn't expect (was hoping to maintain at best!) and I am absolutely loving it! It's so easy and some of the recipes are gorgeous!

I am starting my diary here as I cannot afford to go to a group and I am hoping it will motivate me not to go over my syns too much!

Yesterday I had:
Brunch, as me and my little man had a lay in! - coffee with splash of skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners, 500ml of orange & mango sugarfree squash. Full english done under the grill with tomatoes, mushrooms, spaghetti, poached egg, bacon with all fat removed & 2 weightwatchers sausages (0.5 syns each I think)
Snack: x2 plums and a cherry mullerlight
Dinner: slimming world chilli con carne and boiled rice
Strawberry mullerlight
Evening syns: x4 jaffa cakes (8 syns) and 3x M&S mini eggs (3 syns)

Total syns: 12 :(
I'm terrible with chocolate! going to buy some chocolate sprinkled mullerlights and alpen bars today!!

hi there

i look forward to reading your diary.. im 24 weeks pregnant and am doing slimming world from home as well...
are you following the extra easy plan.i think thats the plan that is best for us pregnant ladies ...and you get to have all four healthy extras!!..

Hiya!

I'm glad I'm not the only pregnant lady on here! I will take a look at yours too!
I am doing extra easy yes, still trying to get to grips with everything even though it does look quite simple, I'm rubbish with healthy extras as I hate milk in anything apart from coffee and am not a massive fan of cheese but we will get there lol.

Have you had a loss since you started? I really didn't expect to lose much so was over the moon to lose 2lb!

x

ive not been back on the scales since i started (two weeks ago) .. its more about controlling my weight gain than actual weight loss.. i was about a stone over weight when i got pregnant and have since piled on a few more (nearly another stone!) i know some of this is pregnancy weight but not all ..and i dont want to put so much on that it will feel like a mammoth task after the baby is born!!

i tend to use my milk for a bit in decaff coffee in the day, a tiny bit with breakfast and then i use the rest at night for an options hot choc (2 syns) this is my evening treat!!

That's a good idea, I probably should do that too as I know I will probably get disheartened if I keep gaining loads, just got to think that I would be gaining MORE if I kept eating rubbish and we are meant to be gaining haha! I hated the way I looked after my first son was born, got really really down about it and don't want to go through that again.

Will definitely give the hot chocolate a go! can't believe they are so low in syns!

Yesterday (Mon 21st)
I had
Breakfast: same as brunch yesterday, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon & WW sausages (1 syn), tinned spaghetti and a poached egg.
Coffee with skimmed milk & x2 sweetener
Lunch: Leftover chilli con carne with brown rice, bowl of grapes, pineapple & mango, turkish delight flavoured mullerlight (which was LOVELY)
Naughty snack: 1x lemon french fancy (5.5 syns)
Dinner: slimming world chicken madras with brown rice, SF orange jelly & low fat ambrosia custard pot (not sure if there are any syns here?)
Special K cracker crisps sour cream and onion(5 syns)

Total Syns: as far as I can tell, 11.5

Today (Tues 22nd)
Breakfast: same as usual lol, tomatos, large flat mushroom, bacon, x2 WW sausages (1 syn) poached egg & beans, all done under the grill apart from beans & egg! Coffee with skimmed milk
Lunch: not a proper lunch today as got too into housework, had a bowl of grapes, pineapple and mango and a banana custard mullerlight
Snack: apple & a pink french fancy (5.5 syns)
Dinner: slimming world KFC style chicken with slimming world chips, beans and salad, teaspoon of lighter than light mayo (1 syn), tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Sugarfree orange jelly and low fat ambrosia custard pot - still have no idea of the syns of these if any!

Rubbish day for healthy extras! only got the milk in coffee and the bread used to make the chicken :( Now wanting a galaxy ripple but would bring my syns up to 17! going to have to resist I think and have a couple of mini eggs bringing my total syns to 10 :) gradually getting them down!

Today, Wednesday 23rd Jan, first day back at uni!
Breakfast: x2 slices of wholemeal toast witn baked beans, large flat mushroom with garlic and cheese, coffee with skimmed milk
Snack: mccoys flame grilled steak (13 syns) SO annoyed at myself for not taking a snack to uni :(
Lunch: salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, tuna with tbsp lighter than light mayo (1 syn), x2 hardboiled eggs and some tikka chicken slices (not sure if I need to syn these!) turkish delight mullerlight, mango & an apple
Dinner: Roast chicken breast, slimming world roast potatoes, lots of carrots, broccoli & cauliflower, parsnips (think these are still free if they are fresh not frozen aunt bessies?!), gravy made with 2 chicken stock cubes and a little bit of Mr Mash to thicken it up, sounds disgusting but is actually really nice and syn free apparently! Sugar free jelly & low fat custard
Syns: 14 as long as I don't give in to the chocolate craving later today, wasn't worth it at all! :(

Back