My review of the cambridge flavours :)

IvoryMarri

For my first couple of weeks on SS, I kept a little record of how I felt about each flavour, and I remember thinking that I wished I could have found something like this in advance to help me choose! :) This might not be useful to anyone because of course tastes are different! But there's no harm in putting it up :)

Please feel free to post your own thoughts about the different flavours, what's your favourite? What do you add to them to make them better? :)

Milkshakes
Flavour
Is it nice at half-strength?
Full Strength?
Cold?
Hot?
Banana Bliss Ready-made
n/a
Hell no, I personally think this tastes of nothing BUT sweeteners (very chemical), but my fiancé loves them.
-
-
Chocolate Velvet Ready-made
n/a
Yes! J Love these, so convenient
The colder the better, but when I tried having it slightly frozen (it was at the back of the fridge) the consistency was more like it had separated and become clumpy, than nice and slushy.
Never tried it
Strawberry Silk Ready-made
n/a
No, I think it tastes like sweeteners and I hate sweeteners
-
-
Chocolate Mint
Yes - barely!
Yes, much better
Yes
Better
Chocolate Orange
Yes
Yes
Better
Yes, but not as good as I thought it would be.
Vanilla
Yes
Yes
Better
Yes
Butterscotch
Not tried
Yes
Yes
Not tried
Banana
Yes
Yes
Yes
Not tried
Banana mixed with Maple & Pecan
Yes (barely)
Yes
Yes
Not tried
Fruits of the Forest
Yes
Yes
Yes
Not tried
Coconut (sadly not made anymore!)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Better

Soups
Flavour
Half-Strength?
Full Strength?
Notes?
Mushroom
Yes

Good with pepper
Chicken & Mushroom
Yes*
Yes
*with pepper
Potato & Leek
Yes*

*with pepper
Oriental Spice
Yes

Coriander, curry powder, paprika
Vegetable
No (but okay at about 400ml)
Yes

Good idea for sticky!!

Thanks ^^ It would be interesting to see what idea other people come up with :) Like which herbs and spices go well with each flavour of soup, or which flavour combos work well together! :D

I put chilli powder in the oriental chilli, mushroom, and chicken and mushroom soups. I really like spicy food so this diet is a little harder for me than it should be! But yeah, chilli powder and black pepper is the way forward.

Sounds good! :) I never thought of putting chilli powder in the mushroom/chicken and mushroom soups, I think I'll give that a try :)

This is a great idea!! I never even knew we could add pepper etc to the soups? Is that on SS+?

I will be keeping a record for myself but I am already finding that a few of the shakes taste better with extra water in them rather than the selected amount, plus the more you drink the more you shrink ;D x

Haha! The more your drink, the more you shrink. That's brilliant :D

Yes! And even on just SS! You can add "herbs and spices like curry or chilli powder, coriander, pepper, chives and parsley" (took this from pg.37 of my CWP info book). However, my CC told me you can't add salt, soy sauce, tabasco sauce or lemon juice. So basically you're allowed dry/powdered stuff that isn't salty? That's my rule of thumb, but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong/there are exceptions! :)

Back