my scales at home lie to me

debzie

yes I know I shouldn't but I can't help it....damn scales

How do you do the ticker things showing weight loss doo dahs

:copon:

Click on tutorials above and there is a section that will talk you through how do get your ticker - I think everyone has a problem with their scales, I know I do...

Mine are awful too! Spiteful things they are, don't realise how upsetting thier comments can be! lol.

If you click on my ticker, it'll take you straigh to the ticker site where you can make your own. x

my scales lie too !!I weigh myself before i go out of the door to group and when i get to group i have put on a pound ??????????????
how ? all im doing is driving LOL

Am going to have to cut back on driving then!

This revelation isn't going to be popular

I've had the same problem as those above with scales. Well, I think that the scales at my SW meeting lie to me and last week I had proof as the lady in front of me wasn't happy that she hadn't lost enough weight that week and (THIS IS THE TRUTH) she turned the scales round by 90 degrees and they registered the loss she wanted! The consultant's helper didn't bat an eyelid and noted it down. I told several people but they didn't seem to care. If the SW group scales can alter when moved around on a wooden floor then they can't guarantee a consistent reading from week to week.

This incident settled it in my mind to give up going and not fret about whether I lose 0.5 or 1.5 lbs a week as long as over a month I have lost weight (2 stone so far on my scales, more on SW).

I wish I could break the habit of jumping on and off the scales 4 or 4 times a day, I know I shouldn'tand logic tells me I'm not going to lose a stone between 7am and 11am but I just can't seem to stop.

I wish I could break the habit of jumping on and off the scales 4 or 4 times a day, I know I shouldn'tand logic tells me I'm not going to lose a stone between 7am and 11am but I just can't seem to stop.

Glad I'm not the only one who does that!:eek:

I know what you mean

Dumpylump, I used to do the same until I proved to myself that by staying in bed for one hour I could lose one pound without going to the loo before weighing myself again. I restrict myself to once a day first thing in the morning as my weight varies depending on what I've eaten or drunk that day. :)

I know your right, I've just weighed myself again and I've put on 2lb since this morning. Like I said it's stupid but I can't seem to stop.

Im the same lumpy, weigh myself numerous times a day and feel bad if i've gained, which of course i am going to do after eatting or drinking etc. I have (only in the past week mind) only getting weighed once a day. I get up, have a wee then get weighed totally starkers and as i don't go to group, i do this on a Friday for my weigh in.

How come the scales at class always round your weight up and never down?

Dumpylump, I used to do the same until I proved to myself that by staying in bed for one hour I could lose one pound without going to the loo before weighing myself again. I restrict myself to once a day first thing in the morning as my weight varies depending on what I've eaten or drunk that day. :)

You are so right but it doesn't stop me!

Back