MY SINCERE THANKS TO YOU ALL...

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
For your kind words, prayers, and thoughts about my son.

I thank you all for your PM's, e mails and for just posting on CG's thread, it means so much to me to know that I have so many friends out there.

My DH flew out of Heathrow at 11am this morning, and he will be with our son tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

Jamie (DS) is having his leg amputated in the morning, the surgeons can't leave it any longer, but we know that they have done everything within their power to save his leg.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your kindness, I will update you again soon.

Love and best wishes to you all. XXX

I have emailed you. My thoughts are with you.

Thinking of you Donnie:hug99:

Sending prayers that all goes well for your son's operation tomorrow.

Donnie - hope he comes through this all ok and I hope you are ok while hubby is with him. Hopefully you will have him back home and under your wing soon.

Take care & look after yourself

Julie

I have been following the news about your son and I have no words to say except lookk after yourself while your husband is away. I will be thinking of you.

It is so sad that they couldn't save it in the end, and I know it won't make you feel any better right now but before you know it he will have a prosthetic limb fitted and he can start learning how to use it as he did the leg he lost. Every day you hear the amazing stories of the feats people with prosthetic limbs have completed, and I hope such stories are a source of hope for your son. Wish I could say something which would help or make things better for you, your son and your family. All the best x

Dear Donnie, there is nothing ANY of us can say that will make you feel better, you can only console yourself with the fact that it could be so much worse.

I'm sure that Jamie is strong, just like his mum, and will see the future as a challenge to overcome, rather than something to be endured.

You are in all our thoughts, especially now that you are on your own. PLEASE keep posting to let us know that you're OK, and are coping with this dreadful time.

Do hope that it won't be long before you're all back together again.

Sorry Donnie to hear that it's come to that, but I'm sure it's the best thing for him in the circumstances although obviously devastating for all! Thinking of you!XXXXX

It is so sad that they couldn't save it in the end, and I know it won't make you feel any better right now but before you know it he will have a prosthetic limb fitted and he can start learning how to use it as he did the leg he lost. Every day you hear the amazing stories of the feats people with prosthetic limbs have completed, and I hope such stories are a source of hope for your son. Wish I could say something which would help or make things better for you, your son and your family. All the best x
Heather Mills could even ice dance with hers!

I work with someone who used to be a freight train driver and his train derailed and rolled down a bank. He was left with just a 13" stump for a left leg but he has prosthetics and can do anything. He still works on the railway, he has a 'shorts' leg, a 'swimming' leg and one for trousers. It's amazing what can be done these days

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time Donnie, I hope you are all coping as best as you can with this sad situation!

Seems daft but it puts things in perspective for me - the other day I was just so fed up with everything thats going on in my life at the moment and was majorly comfort eating. But things like this are happening all over to lovely families such as yourselves, so you know what I did today I've planned out my food diary so no comfort eating should be going on, and I have applied for 2 new jobs as working a job I hate so much day in day out has been really getting to me!

So in a strange way thank you Donnie for putting things in perspective for me and fingers crossed your son makes a speedy recovery and goes on to live a perfectly normal life

X

Roz is right there is nothing any of us can say to make you feel better, but what amazes me is that you are still posting your food diaries, a time like this most of us would head straight for the chocolate, or drink or whatever.

You truly are amazing, and what you have spoke of Jamie I'm sure he will see this as nothing more than a new challenge.

Best wishes hun,

Nat :hug99:

Hey Donnie, still thinking of you. Hope you're taking care of yourself, I know it must be hard for you on your own at home. I'm amazed at how you still come on here and reply to my rambling posts when you have more important things to worry about... always thinking of others you are... *hugs* *hugs* and more *hugs*. Take care. xxx

I am so sorry that it has come too that Donnie.
You are constantly in my thoughts ((hugs))

For your kind words, prayers, and thoughts about my son.

I thank you all for your PM's, e mails and for just posting on CG's thread, it means so much to me to know that I have so many friends out there.

My DH flew out of Heathrow at 11am this morning, and he will be with our son tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

Jamie (DS) is having his leg amputated in the morning, the surgeons can't leave it any longer, but we know that they have done everything within their power to save his leg.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your kindness, I will update you again soon.

Love and best wishes to you all. XXX

Sorry to hear they have to amputate his leg, but in these times we really must think that he is lucky to be alive after having that accident. It really could have been much worse. My prayers are with you and your family to keep you strong.

Back