my size 16 clothes are 2 sizes too big

esk140

do I keep them or do I get rid of them.
please vote .............

LOL, bin them! Or better yet, give them away, donate to charity.

You're not going to need them again, right? :D

(and if you do - well, the thought of having to buy all new clothes should get you straight back on a diet!)

Definitely get rid.

I've kept mine in the past - and its easy to open up the loft, or deep dark cupboard to recover old (larger) clothes. Much harder to deal with tight waist bands, and having to go and buy larger clothes.

The humiliation is what will keep me motivated to stay slim!

I'll be chucking a lot of wardrobe out this weekend too!

Get rid of them!!!! You will never need them again so why keep them?

I had a sort out a couple of weeks ago and took loads to the charity shop and some are on eBay. And now I've got to have another sort out already!!

I'd keep the nice expensive stuff because the truth of the matter is.... 95% of people who lose weight quickly put the weight back on!!!

AOGG said:
I'd keep the nice expensive stuff because the truth of the matter is.... 95% of people who lose weight quickly put the weight back on!!!

95% of all people who lose weight put it back on. The speed of the weightloss does not have any impact. Another myth.

Yay - well done you!!

Get rid - you won't need them!! Unless there is something you particularly like and know a skilled tailor to take it in for you

xxx

bin them you will never need them again:D

bin them !!!!! definatly bin them, don't give yourself the option to go back!!

95% of all people who lose weight put it back on. The speed of the weightloss does not have any impact. Another myth.

I lost three stone and quickly put it back on after an op.... I'd given away some good clothes including a coat, which i needed again and had to rebuy, this time I've lost the weight again but will be keeping my bigger clothes, I learnt from my previous mistake!!!! I'm hopeful I wont need them again but anything can happen and weightloss is a life long battle!!!! and shopping is a nightmare and depressing when you are big!!! not to mention expensive, I don't think you should keep everything but a couple of favourite items that you felt looked good on you, it's just sensible

shopping is a nightmare and depressing when you are big!!! not to mention expensive

totally get your point, but I think that IS the point - we know how horrible it is shopping for larger sizes, so that is even more incentive NOT to regain, I think. But everyone's different!

do I keep them or do I get rid of them.
please vote .............

Get rid! I did that and bought new fitting ones, when I put on weight again, I refused to buy anymore, just got two work trousers from a charity shop and swore I will never buy anymore till I lost what I had gained! If you keep them, and you gain again (touch wood you don't) you will feel comfortable just slipping back to the 16's but if you don't have them lying around, then you will be forced to see you have gained and you will do something about it straight away...

Back