My weight loss Journey, by Richard :-D

Hey Everyone, I'm new to Slim Fast and pretty much the whole miniminis website. I thought it might be an Idea that I do a type of Blog so to speak of my high's and lows to mainly keep myself motivated :cool:

A bit about me...

I'm Richard and I'm 23 years old. I am Scared to admit this but I actually weigh in at just under 25 stone :-( It's incredibly depressing. That is a figure that I REALLY dont want to see again and a figure I should not be seeing at my age or indeed EVER!

A number of things throughout my life have helped me to become this ridiculous weight. The realisation that I was different as a teenager (Gay) and struggling with this have made me comfort eat. I am very much an emotional eater. The emotional eating is something that has spirled out of control and something that I DO need to overcome, I need to find something to replace this with.

Also my 'Dream' Job of becoming Cabin Crew believe it or not has also resulted in me gaining weight, eating those high calorific passenger meals, eating lots of convienience food when away and basically living a lifestyle of greed.

I have tried so many diets of counting points,counting calories, syning this and syning that (you get the Idea) to no avail and simply fall back into my old ways until the next one comes along. What is going to be different this time?...... I hear you asking...Mainly the fact that something feels different this time and I know I cannot maintain my lifestyle. I hate not being able to look trendy in clothes and not find them easily, sick of living the single lifestyle and having zero confidence.

Enough of me going on now.......you all get the picture.

I hope you all dont mind me updating this on a regular basis, I really think it will help me :)

Thanks for Listening.

Richard :) x

Hi Richard well done on being so open and for starting :) my diary is on here too if you wanna have a look. It's called weightloss diary by Lou. Very original :p
I started out at 29 stone!!! So imagine how I felt! But I'm now 33 lbs lighter and still going! I look forward to following (stalking) your journey :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Im also new to the forum and have come to the conclusion im getting nowhere fast doing what im doing :(
I need support from people who understand, i need small goals not silly big ones like lose 2stone in 2 weeks.

its just not going to happen. sadly Lol.
i will follow your journey with a huge amount of interest and support you as much as i can. xxx

Hi Richard - I'm also and emotional eater relapsing after nearly 2 solid years of maintaining a sensible weight! It's not easy, I'm back to square one again but at least I know Im doing something about it now :) We're in it together! X

Thanks everyone for your messages

Toxicsgrl- Have just spent the last hour reaing your diary, well done on your achievements already, you've done so well :)

LadyMuck- You can do it, we are all in this together, Definately realistic goals are the way forward. Think thats why I've failed in the past too, getting stressed when I've not lost say 10st in a week hehe! I'm not even really setting myself goals at the moment, so that there is not too much pressure.

Emzaod- The emotional eating bug is a nightmare :-( We can fight this!!!! :)

Well Day One is almost over, so far so good. Had my first shake at around 6:30am in work this morning instead of a delightful passenger meal. Been drinking quite a bit of water today too which is good for me as normally i'm a suggary drink addict.....The only problem with this is the need to pee more haha!!!

Had an early tea of Salad and a good old WW Meal which has left me feeling satisfied, which is good for me.

Feeling quite positive at the moment :)

Hope you've all had a good day xx

Lol an hour?! You're more dedicated than me! I haven't even read it all in one go!! Xx

wow what a great start to your day. see if you can get through your first day you can get through them all :)
and toxicsgrl Must take time out to read your diary too lol.. i will do promise x
Lol and thats where most of my problems lie. i expect to have lost a huge amount of weight and the end of the week. and gutted when its only a 1 lb
But a lb off is better than a 1lb on i suppose
Looking forward to tomorrow.... bring it onnnnnn

I get disappointed with just a lb but usually I know I havent worked hard for it so I expect it and the disappointment is more at myself.

Dont worry about my diary, it's the ramblings of a weirdo :D although I do tone myself down slightly in it! I find it's a good way to see how far I've come and a few people have mentioned it's inspired them so I'm glad to help! When I've lost all my weight I'm sure people will ask me about it and I can point them in the direction of the diary.

Well done on your first day too, the first week is hard but it soon becomes the norm and water helps xx

Hey Everyone :)

Day 2 over for me....Feeling Happy and Content after another day of doing it. I did feel a binging moment when I came home from work as I was over tired, so went and had a little Nana Nap for a few hours when I got in. Just had an evening meal of Salad and a WW Lemon Risotto! Yum.

Feeling a bit hypo tonight dancing around like a crazy fool to the Ipod, I'm sure there's something in the Powder!!!

Slightly nervous for the weekend....Why is it when your not on a Diet, you never go out but suddenly when your on one your social calendar becomes busy? Hmmm

Meant to be going upto Leeds for the weekend :-/ Just worried it will be full of 'Indulging'

How has everyone else done today? x

I've been hungry all day so it's been a good day!! Well done on your day! Just think how you'll feel after a week and another week and a month etc :) you'll so proud of yourself! X

haha lol toxicsgrl you made me laugh but even more intrigued now to read it lol.
Some times the thing that's ended my diet is because i work so hard all week and don't cheat and sometimes ive even gained so i just think omg whats the point and stop.
But this time im just going to go off how i feel. already i feel so much better not sure why.
im sure the weight will come off eventually.
ive come to think that i didn't put this weight on in a few weeks so its not going to come off in a few weeks!
Richard you are doing amazing. i just cant sleep in the day not because i cant but because i wont sleep the same night. but i wish i could sometimes to get rid of them cravings. i know what you mean about the weekend too but its only because i have less to do - so the bordem sets in then the eating & even baking starts!! ill have to plan the weekend with days out or walks!! xxx

Nice Lie in for me today! Just had my choccie milkshake...off to work later on so figuring I might have my evening meal at Lunch Time before I go out and then have my second shake and snacks in work. Just weighed myself (norty) and it looks as if I've lost 6lbs already this week! eeeek! I know it will probably change etc! but it's spurred me right on!!!!

Have a good day everyone xx

Omg Omg Omg WELL DONE yes it was very norty of you but i bet its given you some motivation.
Im so chuffed for you right now honestly its really nice to hear - i have a brill set of scales they were really expensive but spot on - and for that reason im staying away from them. because if theres no change ill just lose all motivation so im being good and waiting for weigh day:innocent0002: xxx

Hello Guys and Girls!
What a week! Was on an Airport Standby with work last Friday and ended up getting a 6 night trip to Sydney! So unexpected and under prepared diet wise as no one usually calls in sick for these trips!! Managed to loose 8lbs in my first week, must admit the last few days i've been really naughty! mainly because i've not been able to get the shakes while i've been away! Back on the Shakes tomorrow! Nice week off for me now :)

Hope you are all doing good

xx

Hey Richard, well done on 8Ib's, that's fantastic! I think the weight will fall off you fast if you manage to stick to the diet correctly. I've been doing the slimfast diet for almost two weeks now and lost 9 pounds so far. I've gone for the lower end of the diet and had about 1200 calories a day, although today as I was off work all I could think about was food and I ate quite a lot of healthy food - about 1800, so I feel a bit guilty, but it's still a negative so i'm happy I didn't binge! Just over 7 weeks till Christmas now, so I think we can all use that as a target to get to!

Back