My Weight Loss Journey

Hello Everyone

Well I will start from the beginning....

I have always been slim as I played alot of sports, especially football until the age of 17 years old...Then at the age of 19 years old I meet my partner and I was only 12 stone 5lbs and then weight started to pile on and I started to gain more and more until i eventually weighed myself in 2008 just before christmas and I weighed 21 stone, in which I was so unhappy! Then a couple of days before christmas I was rushed into hospital with suscepted Gallstones, went for scans and it turned out that I had a load of small size Gallstones, the doctor advised 2 options:

1) Loss weight and stick to a very low fat diet

2) Continue your current lifestyle and they will get bigger and you will need a operation.

Well I am petrified of operations of any kind and hospital altogether, so i went for Option 1 as my New Years Resolution. On 01/01/2009 I started to cut out all my fat and reduce my calorie intake to 1,500 per day and fat content right down to just 10g per day and 3g sat fat...

Now I weigh 16 stones and 3 lb's and I have dropped 3 dress sizes. My target weight is to get back down to 12 stone and back to a size 14 dress size.

So I know I can do it, so off I go!

Thanks Everyone for listening ;)

Wow, that's brilliant. Just shows what can be done. I am sure you will get to where you want to be with such determination.

Gallstone removal is a major op no doubt, but it really isnt that bad. BUT having gallstones just indicates the unhealthy way you have been eating prior to that, and you will also no doubt have issues with high cholestrol, if not now then sometime in the future, and of course you could well be on course for type 2 diabetes. Ive been down this road myself.

You have made a great start with getting you diet under control, not just to lose weight but to get all these potential health issues under control now before its too late.

I had the gallstone op 17 years ago, but i ignored what gave them to me in the first place, and now here I am, diabetic and high cholestrol issues. Thankfully i have finally got my eating under control, but i could have had 17 healthy years instead of the heartache i put myself through all because i couldnt say no to the bad food.

Well done for making the right choice and dealing with the issue, i wish you all the best in your journey.

I have NEVER had high cholsterol even when I was big and overweight, my cholsterol is only 3.2 at the moment and my good cholsterol is only 1.1.... nor any problems with diabetic as I have been tested for that, I was healthy on the inside but looked unhealthy on the outside.

My gallstones don't bother me now and I have not has an attack for over a year, because I have my weight under control

Thanks everyone for the wishes x

Feel for you babez.. i had gallstones for about 4 years had attacks every now and then, then last may i had a major attack vomiting the pain was so bad crippled on the bathroom floor the next day i went to the docs and he said i had jaundice and made me a app at the hospital and gave me strong painkiller (butt tablets hubby called them lol..men) few hrs later another bad attack thought hubby had seen a ghost as i was yellow like a sunflower, my pee was dark brown/red got to the hospital they thought it was something or nothing till i showed them my sample. straight away got admitted, and was found that i had the worse case jaundice the doc had ever seen as 1 of the stones had got stuck in my gall duct also my blood was thin so had to have tablets for that... luckily a week later i was let out the hosptial, and a week after that i had an op to remove the stones.. and all this because of the weight, couldnt believe id caused this myself.. touch wood since the stones have been removed iv had no attacks but this weight is coming off cause i never want to go through that again.. it was worse then childbirth..and iv done that 3 times... hope you manage to get the weight off and hope your stones dont cause you the same trouble mine did xx

Well done on your weight loss so far and im sure you will reach your target weight soon with the determination that you have, go you!! x

Well done on the amazing weight loss already! Keep up the good work :)

Well done for your loss so far, it just shows if u put ur mind to something it can happen....

Back