My weight loss journey

bunnyfun1

Hi everyone,

i decided to keep a diary of my weight loss so here's my story.

i have always loved food, i am the sort of person that lives to eat not eats to live. I remember always being a little chubbier than the other kids in school but didn't let it bother me and i was lucky enough not to have been bullied about my weight throughout school. When i was in senior school i remember being a size 14 but as soon as i left and started working in an office sat at a desk from 9-5 and then i learnt to drive it was all down hill from there!

I am now 26 years old and weigh 21stone and this is the underlying problem of my depression. If i am being honest with myself i have tried Weight Watchers and Slimming World in the past but never stuck with it long enough to achieve real results. The most weight i ever lost was 2stone but then i met my current partner and soon become complacent again and all the weight plus more crept back on so here i am.

After going through a really bad place in my life back in march where i became so depressed i felt like i didnt want to live anymore i decided i had to do something about my weight so I joined Slimming World again at the end of March. Things were going great, i quickly lost 1 stone and I joined the gym but then in April we had all the bank holidays which came with a lot of family events and soclialising so my routine was interrupted and since then I haven unable to find the willpower to get back on track with the diet and the gym!

When I am dieting I stress myself out so much, I am constantly thinking about food and what I should and shouldn't be eating so since coming off track if I am being honest I have enjoyed eating what I want when I want.

Going back to Slimming World just seems so daunting and I feel like such a failure again, I know losing weight would dramatically change my life but yet I still cant seem to get my ass in gear and do it!

I just want to be happy and enjoy my life and i wish food would stop ruling my life like it has for the last ten years.

Sorry for the long entry just needed to get some things off my chest :)

Well you've taken the biggest step :)

Having a diary does help.

We are all here to help and support you sweetie. You can do this. I have alot to lose and taking it little steps as if I look at the bigger picture it always puts me off.

I have days still where all I do is think of food :( I try to stock up of free foods, low syn foods and be prepared. It really does help. If I feel peckish, or just plain food orientated I try to do something else or have a glass of water, distraction etc.

Welcome to the forum. You will receive lots of support and advice on here. I also have a lot of weight to lose and if I look at the bigger picture it's very daunting. I break it up into 7lbs at a time as it seems more manageable.

Good luck :)

Hiya, i know exactly how you feel, i signed up here today and I've planned all my week bar Friday night as going out for a meal to Frankie and Benys (Dear god!) Im older than yourself and weigh more so if somethings working for me, i'll let you know see if it works for you too.

Best of luck xxx

thanks for your replies guys, its good to talk to/hear from people going through the same thing.

Together we can do this!

x

Back