My Weightloss journey!

Hi Starry.Eyed, good luck with weigh in today!!

I saw earlier you're struggling for menu suggestions? Buy they SW magazine this month, it's got some brilliant recipes in there like balsamic glaze chicken and paprika potato slices (look swell yummy!) and Mixed stuffed peppers. All the recipes have been put into a small little booklet you get with the magazine so you can keep that in the kitchen! Let us know how you get on!

ps, on the Christmas day thing, I had my group last night and June my consultant read us this thing about Mrs Trying to be Good (or something like that), she just had a little here and a little there, you'd not think it was much and she racked up 238 syns in ONE DAY! OMG, I'm not saying you will but try keep a mental note - it is only one day!

Thankyou! :) I will update later.
I know, im really worrying about it actually. In group tonight were doing a 'virtual buffet'. I dont know what that entails but im guessing its going to be a bit of a shock the syn values in some stuff!
Ive only been going to class for 4 weeks, ive never been offered a magazine? Ill ask tonight about it!
Have you seen the new SW website? Its really good for recipes, i had a go at a curry the other day! It is so worth it to try new things, it makes it less boring!

I know, I am really worried about it too. Luckily my Hubby and I are both trying to loose weight (like you since I met him I piled on the weight and I had a baby, 7 1/2 stone later..) and we've decided that we're not going to get tons of grub in and stuff, but it's so hard when other's aren't dieting.

All I can say is try and be strong, have a treat or two but if you have a little here and a little there it piles on and before you know it you're in deep! I think the 'virtual buffet' will help you, we had that , and I think 1 mince pie is like 13 syns!!

I HEART BIG TIME the new website, it's great.

The SW magazine comes out every month or two, you can buy it on the high street but it's cheaper in group.

Ohh i see! Better get cracking then hadnt i! :) Thanks valerie. Is it the same with the signature thing?
Wellll, i lost 2.5! I'm pleased with it, just really frustrating! I wanted that sticker!
I was thinking about it last night though, and I've no regrets from last week, i didnt have any bad days. So maybe this is where the losses are going to slow down.
I'm 2.5 pounds away from my club 10 now, so im hoping for that next week, but i'm not getting too excited about it this time. I'm just going to try my best!
How are you guys doing this week? What day do you get weighed?

Hi Starry.Eyed, well done on your weight loss! 2 1/2 is so close to 3lbs and that's what you wanted right? I think you're doing brilliantly and keep going. Did you get a SW magazine? x

PS, I was able to load an Avatar (a pic) after 20 posts (?) - there is a guide for newbies, I'll try find it for you...

If you click on Tutorials in the blue bar at the top of the page it will help you find your way around here

One admin lady told me about this, still trying to find post for newbies...x

Hi there

Well done on your losses so far :clap:
I just spotted your post about the cauliflower cheese so thougth I would share my recipe.... it is stunning *if I do say so myself* :p

• 375ml semi (1.5 heA)
  • 5tsp cornflour (5) -let down with a little of the cold milk
  • 1 tsp English mustard (0.5)(wholegrain is nice too)
  • 105g low fat cheddar (2.5 heA) -or 70g full fat cheddar
  1. warm the milk in a small pan
  2. stir in the cornflour mix (don't try and cook to quickly -it will go gloopy)
  3. once thickened stir in the cheese, mustard and salt n pepper to taste....
I lightly steam cauli. broccoli, and big chunks of leeks and carrots, pour the sauce over and bake in the oven until golden -it serves 4 @ 1heA and 1.5syns per serving...
I also use the sauce to make lasagne, moussaka etc.... you really can't tell it from full on cheese sauce..
Hope you like it...

Last edited:
Well, the cauliflower cheese was strange. It was natural yoghurt, a beaten egg and cheese. It was nice tasting, but it wasnt a sauce. The Cheese was all lumpy! I would eat it again i think though, it was a nice change!

Hi SE! :D
I just wanted to check that you knew you can have 42g of cheese if its 'light' - which is nearly double, so a much cheesy-er cauliflower cheese! I have tried a few like kerry low low etc but the only one i have found to be perfect is Cathedral City Mature Cheese LIGHTER! It is so yummy, you cant even tell its lighter:
Google Image Result for http://www.cathedralcity.co.uk/assets/images/page-specific/products/photo_lighter.jpg

Hope this helps!! :D:D
xxxx

Not been on here for a while :(
I tried this morning, but it wouldn't load.
Thanks for the posts guys, youre all so nice! And i will definately be trying the caluflower cheese recipe capricorn, so i will let you know what i think! I've got that kerry low low at the minute, it's okay for jacket potatoes, but on its own it doesnt have that much taste, so ill have to try the cathedral city one!
I'm having a very bad week so far, I just don't seem to have the motivation. It's like i am just waiting for christmas now. I need to stop it! I took a sneaky look at the scales before though, and theres no damage! No loss either, but hopefully by Thursday that will change. I plan on having a very good week now. It's weekend, as soon as I am with friends or my boyfriend, I just want to pig out. I think its habit. It's what i know. When I am with them, it's always "oh, shall we go get ice cream", or hot chocolate and cake or anything else that is just evil to the stomach! I'm hoping I can sort this out!
Everybody looking forward to Christmas? Not long at all now!

Weigh in tomorrow :( I am dreading it. I usually cannot wait, becuase it is kind of like a reward, you see the change in just a week. But i don't think there will be much of a change, not a positive one anyway! I'll be very happy to just maintain this week.
I wish Christmas would just bugger off! I cannot wait until it is over with. All this crappy food in, because I have younger siblings, that eat like troopers and stay skinny! It's getting difficult. A few weeks ago I could sit and eat my soup whilst everybody else had dominos, but all of a sudden I have lost my motivation. I feel like I need a new start!
I bought a sprts bra last week, because I want to run. I always have, I'm just quite an awkward runner. I'm hoping this extra support will help :) I just need to invest in trainers now. How embarassing that I dont own any. So bring on the new year sales, I am getting me some sexy running shoes!

Well, the day is finally here! Merry Christmas everyone. Hope Santa was kind! I'm going to try my best to stay away from the oreo cheesecake my brother has just made :( It smells so good.
On a more postive note, lost half a pound at weigh in, so finally got my stone sticker! :) What luck, after all the crap i ate.
Hope everybody has a lovely day! xxx

Gosh, i've not been on here in a while. Probably because I've not had my diet head on! I'm too ashamed to admit to how much of a fat piggy I have been! :D Enjoyed it though!
At weigh in last week I had gained 3 pounds, which I was okay with. Its weigh in again tomorow, and I hope I've lost some of that. I'm not back on track yet, but I'm not having binges, I'm just eating what I want. Im planning on staying to group tomorrow and getting back on it!
I have a little goal for myself! I'm going watching a play in York for Valentines :) It's my favourite. To Kill a Mockingbird! So by then I would like to have got my 1 and a half sticker! :D So once I've lost my Christmas weight, only 7 pounds to go!

hi starry_eyed it's funny how we don't come on here when we r not on plan i was the same over xmas was annoyed that i didn't stay on plan cause i felt worse for it and didn't enjoy the pigging out it was just mindless stuffing cause i could and put on 5lb :eek:

5lb, oh no. Was you upset? I wasn't so bothered with mine, i definately deserved it!
Weigh in last night was good, 2 pounds down! So that leaves me with 1 pound of Christmas fat still there :D I can deal with that. I'm fully back on track today though, and i'm very excited! I'm in really good spirits!
Does anybody know if there are syns in an activia yoghurt? Random i know, but just seen an advert!
My consultant lost 7 lbs at weigh in! How amazing is that! So I have high hopes for my first week back on plan! I'm struggling with the water at the minute though! And nothing is filling me up!
On a brighter note, me and my boyfriend are moving in together in two weeks :D Went looking at a house on Tuesday, and already its ours! We are only renting for the time being, but just really excited to get out. I'm hoping the diet will be better too, I can shop for the week without anybody helping themselves to my stuff, and there wont be any bad food around! Ive already told him he can take his biscuits and crisps to work with him for his lunches!
I've only just told my nan, and she wasn't so pleased. Which upsets me a little bit, cause I hate the thought of leaving her. She's been the only person around for 5 years,so she is VERY important to me! My brother is still here, so it isn't like she's alone! I just feel as though she expected me to be here for the long haul!
Fingers Crossed for a 100% week. Feels as though I havent had one of those for a while!

hi hun no i wasn't upset putting on 5lb i deserved it i thought i had put on 10 :eek: but have been back on plan 100% this week i know sometimes i conveniently "forget" some syns and don't measure my h/e's so decided this week i would follow it properly no cheating i get weighed tomorrow so fingers crossed, good luck moving in with ur boyfriend perhaps ur nans going to miss u i know u say ur brothers still going to be there perhaps she feels closer to u tell her u will go and see her a lot it might make her feel a bit better. regarding the activa yoghurt if its the fat free one then yes its free, hope u have a great weekend xx

Back