Nadine's enough is enough diary!!

Nadine84

Hi guys & gals

Im Nadine im 27 from Belfast and I am starting Slimming World for the 4th time, as Ive said in some of the forums the reason i didnt stick at it before was because when I got a gain I gave up straight away - instead of staying for image therapy I got weighed, left, came home and comfort ate and didnt go back.

Ive struggled with my weight since being diagnosed with PCOS (poly-cystic ovaries syndrome) my weight crept up and up. I was really unhappy and suffered depression with this. 8 weeks ago I took the bull by the horns and thought surgery was the only option, I was going to have a gastric band put in. I went for the initial consultation and wasnt really happy with the stats they were giving me - plus it was a huge amount of money (here in Northern Ireland we cannot get it on the NHS). After some soul searching I decided that I was going to give SW one more go. I had tried all the slimming clubs & fad diets and the one that suited me was SW.

Last week (3rd of July) I joined with my Dad who needs to lose weight due to blood pressure problems. I had heard of minimins from group and thought - yes, I need as much encouragement as possible!!

So I stuck to the plan (went over my syns one day and had 18 - oops) but I cooked really gorgeous meals, made soups and still had my 'fry' on Sunday.

I went to class this evening and was hoping for 4lbs, I thought - I have been so good etc etc

To my amazement I lost 9 lbs !!!!!!!

For those of you who may read this and are thinking of joining or are looking for encouragement - I failed many many many times - but as the title of my diary states - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - bring on the weight loss once and for all!!!

Wow... Girl after my own heart! I'm 26 and have done SW (amongst many other diets) but SW was the most successful! Needless to say I'm more now than I have ever been and am desperate to get down to something healthier... I'm just so fearful of telling people because I know my family all think I'll come off the "wagon" as soon as Iv started.

I'm hoping you'll keep us posted and can fuel
each other on!

Wow, what an amazing start! This is a fabulous place for support, motivation and inspiration. The very best of luck to you on your journey :bighug:

Thats brilliant. Well done. I gave up after 3 stone the last time I did it because I had a gain. You can do it this time :) x

You're right Nadine, dinna give up! I also stopped going to class after a wee gain and comfort eating sesh... so hard to start back again.
9lbs, well done you :D

Ok guys. Apologies I haven't been on. My poor laptop is sick :?

I've had 2 more weigh ins since my 1st diary entry

Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs

So that's 12.5lbs off in 3 weeks. I'm determined to get my stone award on Tuesday. I've had a wee blip so need to get back on track. But I know I will. People in work have also noticed the weight coming off which is great (even though I can't see it yet).

Mini goal before I started was to have 1 stone off for my birthday which is the 6th of September which I know I'll get. I want 3 stone off by November which is when my sister is due her baby. I want to be the fun aunt that can run around with my wee niece or nephew. So I'm still on track for this.

Hope you are all doing well. And if I can encourage or inspire even one person then I've done my job!

Well guys - my laptop is still sick so its taken me ages to get on, I got a lend of my sisters to update this. Updates so far

Week 1 -9lbs
Week 2 - 2lbs
Week 3 - 1.5lbs
Week 4 +0.5lbs
Week 5 -4lbs

So in 5 short weeks I have lost 16 lbs and got my long awaited stone award! really chuffed. I also have won the raffle the last 2 weeks in a row!!

People have started noticing the weight loss, even if i cant see it myself.

Bad news is I fell last week and have damaged my knee so cant get out walking at the moment.

I hope to have my laptop back next week so i will have more updates soon.

Oh forgot to say my wee blip of +half a pound, actually spared me on more, I needed to see that gain so I knew I couldnt cheat!!!

Had a slice of pizza and a few beers lol and some crisps and felt guilty but I needed that gain, look what happened the following week, 4 lbs off. so for those of you who have a gain - dont give up, let it spare you on

Back