Nak'd Bars

Micci

Gold Member
Hi,

looking at the ingredients in these I reckon that these should be a healthy extra, or a healthy extra plus a few syns and that is how I have calculated them while doing SW on my own.

But now I've gone back to a group I'm more interested to know if there has been an official SW verdict on these. I will ask my consultant but won't see her till next week. Any opinions here?

Thanks

They are definitely not a HEX.

No, I found the new added HEX part of the SW website and they are definitely not there. You are right Ermintrude. But as they consist of pure nuts and dried fruit - some varieties have oats as well - and are cold processed so the health benefits of the nuts remain I shall treat 1 bar as a healthy option (perhaps 2 HEX Bs) and keep my syns very low that day and see how my weight loss goes.

This scheme of mine is of course for green days.

No, I found the new added HEX part of the SW website and they are definitely not there. You are right Ermintrude. But as they consist of pure nuts and dried fruit - some varieties have oats as well - and are cold processed so the health benefits of the nuts remain I shall treat 1 bar as a healthy option (perhaps 2 HEX Bs) and keep my syns very low that day and see how my weight loss goes.

This scheme of mine is of course for green days.

They are not HEXes as they dont have enough fibre in and are quite high in fat and sugar by the look of the nutrition.

Ive just looked at the nutrition on 3 of them (berry delight, cashew cookie, pecan pie) and they have quite a lot less fibre than a HiFi bar and a LOT more fat and sugar. (the fibre of the three I looked at works out at 1.75g, 2.1g, 3.15g. Only the last one is as much as a HiFi bar. The fat worked out at 5.25g, 8.05g, 10.85g - a Hifi bar has around 3g)

That's a big difference. Things are worked out as HEXes by SW for a reason. If you are going to "keep [your] syns very low that day and see how my weight loss goes." why not just use them *AS* syns and eat your other HEXes properly as they are intended?

Im sure if Nakd change the recipe to fit SW HEX standards they will become HEXes. Until then they remain syns.

You're free to follow the plan or not, but dont fool yourself into thinking things are 'close to' being HEXes. They either are or they are not.

This post isn't meant to have a go btw, I'm as much a 'tweaker' as anyone, but I dont think its helpful to go around making things look 'like' HEXes when they are not.

You are right again. I had been thinking that there were more dried fruits in the HEX lists but no, I checked in the book and I was wrong ..... ho hum ....

Back