Nando salad beware

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Donzy84, 18 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Went into Nandos for lunch yesterday, was on extra easy so we decided to order chicken (remove skin) and spicy rice and share a med salad, went up to order it and asked if I could have salad without the dressing, and they said that they couldn't do it without dressing as they are all pre made!!!! So much for nice fresh food!!!! X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ilovemygrandkids

ilovemygrandkids Member

I found this is an harvester inn ..asked for a jacket with no butter and was told the chef had them pre prepepared with butter as the restaurant was busy..must say i had not heard of this in others but was annoyed as surley we should get the choice.

4. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think I would have chosen to eat elsewhere and let them know the reason why I was leaving.

5. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yea it crossed my mind but with hubby and two little kids was easier not to

6. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

I have never heard of this before- dressing should always go on a salad at the last minute, or everything gets soggy. And there are loads of people who prefer "dressing on the side" - so that they can control how much or how little they eat.

7. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Exactly that's why I couldn't believe it! Thinking of complaining but with it being a massive chain they won't care

8. lollypop1985

lollypop1985 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    they would care if they got lots of complainants :)

9. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

When I asked for the Med Salad without the oil, they explained that the garlic and feta were pre-dressed but that they would try and give me as little oil as possible with it.

Since then, I've been shopping and seen jars of garlic and feta in olive oil - so I assume that's what the Nando's chain uses. So technically, that's why it's 'pre-made', but I assume they add it to the salad leaves at the last minute.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.