Nandos

Topper78

Can anyone tell me the syn values for the following at Nandos.....

Chicken breast in pitta with hot marinade

Spicy Rice

Coleslaw

Chips with Peri Peri spice

Thanks in advance! x

Syn values at Nandos

If you go to the Nandos website, they give you the protein, fat and carbohydrate values in their dishes. Put these into the Syn calculator on the Slimming World website (you need to be a member to do this) and Bob's your Uncle you have the syn values. I did this before we went . BTW I wouldn't bother with the spicy rice as the portion is SO small, no wonder the syn value is small. If we go again (I'm not too keen as only the chicken was delicious in my opinion) then I would go flexible syns. Also, the desserts are really small too. I much prefer Frankie & Benny's restaurant especially their Godfather icecream and brownies (on flexible syns of no limit!).

Hope you enjoy yourself at Nando's.:cool:

I don't know specific Nando's syns but you might be able to use these to work them out... I would also suggest either going for an EE day or flexible syns too. When I go, I have the chicken pitta but with corn on the cob (no butter). Least bad thing on the menu I think. Hope that helps...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Marinade 1 level tbsp[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original ½ Syn [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Chicken - free on red/EE

Rice - free on green/EE

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bread, Pitta, white 60g standard
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 7½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 7½ Syns
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coleslaw, standard 100g
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 7½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 7½ Syns
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Potatoes, chips, frozen, oven 28g baked
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​

re pregnancy & SW; nandos

Did you know that you can join SW and make sure that you eat healthily and don't put on too much extra fat whilst pregnant? Then, after having the baby you are on course to lose any unneeded weight even whilst breastfeeding. Just make sure you tell your consultant you are pregnant.

Re. Nandos, if you post the fat, protein and carbohydrate contents per 100g or portion of the dishes you are interested in from their website, I'll look them up in the SW syn calculator. :)

sorry but the chicken is not free on ee hon its

chicken breast 6syns red 17 green
chicken leg 2syns red 10.5 green

Hi Ronnie,

I just double checked the figures on the website - I didn't realise these figures are for the medium chicken (ie. with sauce) - I thought it was the plain stuff.

Plain chicken in Nando's is definitely less syns than what is on the website - it's grilled chicken only with no peri-peri sauce. The leg also comes with skin on (at least in my Nando's), so if you don't eat that bit, I can't believe it's still that many syns...

Nutritional info on the website for Nando's though - OP: if I were you, I'd put the figures into that and decide for yourself.

Back