nannyogs weight loss journey

nannyog

I have a brain condition called Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. I suffer from excruciating headaches caused by the excess pressure on my brain. My neurologist and neurosurgeon think that if I lose weight it will help with the symptoms of IIH.

I have been referred for bariatric surgery and I'm waiting to hear back from the surgeon.

So here I am starting my weightloss journey in the hope that it eases my symptoms and I can live a normal pain free/morphine free life.

This is day 2 for me and boy am I struggling. I so want to steal the pie off my sons plate and I hate pies.

I need to focus on why I'm doing this

1. to get rid of the excruciating headaches
2. to not be a size 20/22
3. to get to a comfortable size 14
4. not to get diabetes

I need to focus on 1 stone at a time. I'm not particularly bothered about my weight more dress size and how I look. I'm fed up looking like an easter egg on legs.

Don't know if I should weigh myself daily or weekly. I'm terrible at diets as I expect results overnight. Stupid I know but patience was never my strong point.

I think I'll do SS or SS+ for 4 weeks then go onto 810.

I'm rambling so I'll sign off now

See ya later

hey sweetie.

your cambridge diet consultant will weigh you weekly, but i think most people can't resist the occasional jump on the scales in between.

i'm also doing CD for medical reasons (I need IVF) and I think it gives you an extra determination. Anyway, I promise you it gets easier. For me the hunger went by the third day, but i felt pretty ill (headachey, cold, tired) on days 5-7. Then by about day 10 i was completely fine.

keep drinking the water!

Thank you

Woke up this morning not feeling hungry had a choc mint shake at about 07:45 this morning now 09:50 and still not hungry on to my second 750ml water.

Have a headache but then that's why I'm doing this to get rid of them. Tried going without morphine yesterday and was floored by the pain so back on the morphine today. Wish it would get rid off the pain but it only takes the edge off it.

Had a sneak peak on the scales and it was showing a 7lb loss but surely that can't be right after just 2 days. Here's hoping it is and I have a massive weightloss for this week.

Jeans wise I have at least 2 pairs in sizes 22 down to 16 so as I go down the sizes I'll be ok for jeans and I'll just get cheapo tops to keep me going until I'm comfortable.

Size14 that's my aim couldn't care less about actual weight or BMI

On another note need to go cook loads of pasta for my puppy as he's to have a meat free diet for the next 3 days as he's just been diagnosed anaemic and the vet is now checking for blood in stools etc so no meat/fish as that would give a blood in stools results.

I'll be back later to tell you how today went

Well today I'm ill.:cry:

Sickness diarhea and stomach cramping really badly.

I'm really lightheaded as well so I think I'll abandon SS :wave_cry: and go on to step 3. As I need to take morphine I think this is the best option.

1000 cals per day I'll still lose weight just not as fast.

Hi - I def think you should be on a higher step. My hubby takes morphine too & I know how strong it is and the many ways it affects you. You def need to keep your strength up and have some solid food. Hope you feel better soon x

Still ill :cry:

Decided it's a bug but I'm going to stick with 1000 cal/day plan when I feel better.

Can't eat at the mo it's going right through me :( (TMI I know :p)

Well one week in and I've lost 12lbs :woohoo:

Due to my IIH my head is fit to burst and I'm booked in for yet another lumbar puncture on Thursday. morphine not working :cry:

Finding things much easier this week so hopefully a decent loss again next week

I agree that you should be on a higher plan than SS or SS+. Your BMI is over 40, in any case, which means SS is not allowed. Your CDC should have told you this.

You have health issues to start with and you take morphine regularly so please don't take any risks. If you switch to 810 or 1000 you will still lose weight and you should feel much better.

All the very best x

Nannyog - well done first of all with your loss so far 12lb is amazing! I agree with others though, morphine is such a strong drug, you need some food in your body to cope with it, you will still have fast great results on 810 or 1000.

Good luck hun - PGD x

Back