Natural yoghurt ideas?

Maximus

Gold Member
I purchased some of this and it is lying in the fridge all forlorn looking expectantly at me whenever I open the door.

Not sure what I had in mind when I bought it! - anyway, any ideas what I can use it for/with?

I suppose I could add bits of fruit to it for a fat-free yoghurt if I got desperate. I'm sure I got it for some side of cream/sauce idea but can't recall what I had in mind!

Any ideas gang?

i use mine to add mint sauce for a free condiment. really good with anything spicy or kebabs(sw of course).
you could also use it to have with fruit, poured over cereal.
you use it for curry or a stroganoff recipe. (the beef stroganoff recipe on BritMum in Canadas site is scrummy!)

I use mine to marinade chicken. Just put some in a bowl and add curry powder or any spices of your choice, maybe a splash of lemon juice, and give it a good stir. Pour it over some skinned, scored chicken breasts making sure they are coated top and bottom, and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours. Simply cook for around 30-40mins and serve with some rice and nice crisp salad.

I'm desperate:D I have mine with fruit & cereal.

I used mine to do the Jamie Oliver instant berry ice cream. Just blitz it with frozen fruit and honey. Not sure how this would work with syns as frozen fruit is free but not if pureed. Well strictly speaking it's not pureed and I undersatnd they syn it because you would have so much more when put in a smoothie or pureed but I would have thought done like this it's a pretty normal serving. I used a bag of forest fruits and that served 6 of us with 1 big tub of yogurt.

i use mine to add mint sauce for a free condiment. really good with anything spicy or kebabs(sw of course).
you could also use it to have with fruit, poured over cereal.
you use it for curry or a stroganoff recipe. (the beef stroganoff recipe on BritMum in Canadas site is scrummy!)
THanks for all the ideas everyone.

Regarding the mint sauce thing, great idea to add as a free dip or even sauce for salad or liven up chicken etc.

I've never even tasted it I presume it takes on the flavour(s) of whatever is added?

Maximus said:
I purchased some of this and it is lying in the fridge all forlorn looking expectantly at me whenever I open the door.

Not sure what I had in mind when I bought it! - anyway, any ideas what I can use it for/with?

I suppose I could add bits of fruit to it for a fat-free yoghurt if I got desperate. I'm sure I got it for some side of cream/sauce idea but can't recall what I had in mind!

Any ideas gang?

I love it on top of Sweet Potato Curry and other spicy foods

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its a super friend of mine! I use loads of it. Try mixing it with cinnamon and a bit of sweetner then mix in with mixed berries, yumm!

If I am having a fajita night (minus the wrap), I squeeze a bit of lime into it and its a substitute for sour cream - a bit runnier but still nice.

add lemon, pepper and a sprinkle of salt, makes a nice dressing for salad if you just use a little.

Hope this helps x

Back