Naughty me...

Stackhead

Slow and steady...
I know I probably shouldn't have, but before my shower I did step on the scales today and they did tell me that i've lost 1 1/2lbs.... after 2 days on the diet.

Gives me a nice boost though!!

Does anyone else cheat throughout the week, or do you just stick with the once a week weight in?

xx

weight atleast twice a day... i know i shouldn but it really keeps me motivated wen im down to keep goin or if im up to work harder to get my weight down!

I weigh every morning. i only 'count' my Monday morning weigh in but I can't resist checking the scales throughout the week. I understand that weight fluctuates etc so I don't get bothered if it's up a lb one day. If it did bother me I would stick to the weekly weigh in.
It's just more of a way to keep myself in check.

Stackhead said:
I know I probably shouldn't have, but before my shower I did step on the scales today and they did tell me that i've lost 1 1/2lbs.... after 2 days on the diet.

Gives me a nice boost though!!

Does anyone else cheat throughout the week, or do you just stick with the once a week weight in?

xx

I just started Slimming World on Monday, and have made a conscious effort not to weigh myself at all til next Monday at the weigh in. It's really tough keeping off the scales, but I know how much my weight fluctuates throughout the day, so will TRY and stick to a weekly weigh in. Not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up though! X

I was weighing myself over the holidays (I was v v ill so more to keep check of how much weight I was losing rather than how much I was putting on!) but now that I have been back to group I have found out my scales are weighing a good 3lb light. Annoyed at myself as thought I would be going back to a loss and found out I had put on 1lb.

Lesson learnt, will be keeping off the bathroom scales in the future!

I said I would stop doing this but I can't help myself: I've been stepping on the scales every morning in my jim jams to see if I'm making any progress. I don't believe the weight on them - it's a lot less than at class, but I'm weighing myself at a different time of day and while wearing far less - but I do use it as a guide to see if I am losing and try to tweak my eating habits if not. Anyway, so far it is showing I have stayed the same :( Still another couple of days until WI though!

I weigh in at least twice a day and I wish I could break the habit! I am making an effort to just weigh in next Friday now - will put the scales in my cupboard to resist the temptation! Weight just fluctuates so much and can be demotivating and throw you off track... x

jenniferyellowhat said:
I weigh every morning. i only 'count' my Monday morning weigh in but I can't resist checking the scales throughout the week. I understand that weight fluctuates etc so I don't get bothered if it's up a lb one day. If it did bother me I would stick to the weekly weigh in.
It's just more of a way to keep myself in check.

This is exactly how I approach the scales.

I'm into my second week of SW and managed to stay off the scales for whole of the first week. Am halfway into second week now and weighed myself this morning and it shows I've put on 1 lb :cry: Quite annoying as I've eaten the same things as I've done last week. Anyway...still 4 days til my 'actual' weigh in so maybe it doesn't mean anything.....I hope!

I had a peek on Saturday and I'd lost 5lb (bear in mind I gained 4 over Xmas), no weigh in at group on Monday so peeked on Tuesday and had gained 2lb, peeked this morning and gained another 2lb!! :( what's going on??? Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is why I am completely keeping away from my home scales. I can't handle seeing my body's natural fluctuations and it affects my mood completely so I'm just weighing in once a week at the group scales. It's actually quite liberating not knowing, helps keep me far more focused and stops me from getting so hung up on the numbers on the scale - I look to my body to give me clues, like not feeling so bloated or my trousers not feeling so tight!

Last edited:
I can't handle seeing my body's natural fluctuations and it effects my mood completely so I'm just weighing in once a week at the group scales.

Ditto!

I've made a conscious decision NOT to weigh myself at all this week (first week since joining). I've been SO good, and I just know that if I jumped on the scales now and saw a gain I'd probably cry and then eat a tub of Ben and Jerry's. Before washing it down with a bottle of Merlot.

x

Back