Nausea after first shake and sabotagers

Finally got my sample pack today and expecting my first proper order for the month on wednesday so decided to start this morning. Had a chocolate crispy shake with 200mls of water and it wasn't particularly nice but I am coming from celebrity slim and I think their shakes are sweeter. I felt really full after it and now I feel a bit nauseous :(

Is it the shakes itself and will I get used to it? I ordered loads of the chocolate crispy ones thinking everyone else says they are nice.

And just while I am sitting here feeling sick my daughter hands me the post and when I open the envelope its a special offer coupon from Dominos pizza with the title "Dear Pizza Lover".....I should probably change my name :8855:

Lol at Dear Pizza Lover. I managed to sabbotage myself this weekend usually blame my boyfriend!

I don't like the shakes, i can drink them if i blend them but i hated the crispy choc ones. I really like the bars, meals and veg soup though.

I've never felt sick after them try drinking some water. Water seems like the solution to every thing on this diet lol. Good luck x

200ml water is far too much for the crispy shakes IMO. The instructions say 180ml but I usually only use 150ml or so. That makes it like a nice milkshake consistency. Or make is up with a little drop of water at a time to a pudding like consistency :)

Normal (non-crispy) shakes I make up with 250ml water although everyones tastes are different so just see what works for you. I've never done a VLCD before this one but I haven't had any products I didn't like, just some I thought weren't as nice as others.

STEP AWAY FROM THE PIZZA! lol. Seriously, what do you want more - pizza that will make you feel good for a few mins while you eat it or to be slim, happy and healthy?

X

I've had a pint of water and a coffee and that seems to have settled my stomach. Argh cant believe I used too much water, seriously used to CS where 200ml would give a gorgeous frothy thick shakes, will try another type later. Have a vanilla crispy one to try so will use that one tomorrow.

Pizza Im not too pushed about, its my hubby who is a pizza fiend but he runs and cycles to work. I had a really bad candida imbalance which low carbing seems to have taken control of but pizza would make me so ill now. I am more of a mashed potato girl, would take your arm off for it!

Ugh I can only imagine how rank crispy ones are as shakes!! I only have them as puddings and they are soo scrummy :) yums

Hiya

I had the same experience with a shake last week - it made me feel nauseous after drinking. I now drink the same volume of water as the shake immediately after drinking it, and find it helps a lot. I think it helps to dilute all the nutrients in the packs a bit.

I make my shakes with 300ml water which helps them be a lot less gloopy - depends whether you like them thick or thin I guess!

I've held off getting my month pack as few more still to try lol! Need to put it in today though!! I used a blender on the crispy one lol Which was nice! I also over fill my water using 300ml in shakes and 200 in meal ones. Horses for causes I guess!

Good luck it's actually a really nice diet :)

Well after the disaster of a crispy shake I had the spicy spag bol with loads of salad. I have to admit it was quite nice, needed a bit of pepper and tabasco sauce to give it a bit more of a kick but I was pleasantly suprised. I may have added quarter of a tomato sliced really thin to my lettuce and I used 125ml of water so might use less next time or leave it to stand longer.

Struggling to get back into ketosis today so had a bit of smoked salmon and cucumber while I wait for my dinner but I know myself once it kicks in I will be stuffed with the meals. I was pretty full after the spag bol, it took about 5 minutes to be satisfied afterwards though, I think I eat way too fast!! Had a tiny sliver of the lemon bar.....omg yum!!!

ETA: thanks everyone for the advice its graet being able to come on for a moan or support, you are all super nice

Ok this diet is doable..........I have been really worried that it would be just too hard. Still starving though :)

I eat the spag bol with a teaspoon ;) By time I'm eveeeentually finished my system is releasing all these satiety hormones and I feel really full (I do look like a prat though - only do this at home haha)

I do the same, it takes me a good 25 minutes to eat it.

Avoid tomato hun, you will soon be in the swing of things Xx

I have a tiny plate, bowl and cutlery just to make my portions feel normal. Sounds a bit mental but it definitely works for me :)

I replied last night but it didn't show up......I must have hit the wrong button distracted by hunger :)

Had paprika chicken and broccoli for my dinner and my bar at 8. I tried to hold off for longer but I was starving!! Didn't make a dent in my hunger. Had a pint of water and half a can of coke zero and at 10 had to have a small cereal bowl serving of chicken and lettuce. There was actually a little voice in my head telling me to have a bowl of cereal or some toast or even better toast and cereal! It was crazy like a separate part of my brain was off on a tangent about how I could eat and just stay under 1200calories and still lose weight and how maybe I shouldn't do the diet because I might have a heart attack! I jumped up off the couch and had the chicken and felt fine then, little voice was silenced and I woke this morning not feeling hungry and I have spent the morning reading up about type 2 diabetes which I know I have a chance of developing if I am not there yet and read the Newcastle study which just reminds me that I need to lose this weight not to look good in jeans but to make sure I am around for my kids and if I ever want to have another baby. My AF has disappeared for the last 42 days.

Sorry this has turned into a total moan! Looking forward to trying the hazelnut shake later and I might try a chilli for lunch

Flabbymammy said:
I replied last night but it didn't show up......I must have hit the wrong button distracted by hunger :)

Had paprika chicken and broccoli for my dinner and my bar at 8. I tried to hold off for longer but I was starving!! Didn't make a dent in my hunger. Had a pint of water and half a can of coke zero and at 10 had to have a small cereal bowl serving of chicken and lettuce. There was actually a little voice in my head telling me to have a bowl of cereal or some toast or even better toast and cereal! It was crazy like a separate part of my brain was off on a tangent about how I could eat and just stay under 1200calories and still lose weight and how maybe I shouldn't do the diet because I might have a heart attack! I jumped up off the couch and had the chicken and felt fine then, little voice was silenced and I woke this morning not feeling hungry and I have spent the morning reading up about type 2 diabetes which I know I have a chance of developing if I am not there yet and read the Newcastle study which just reminds me that I need to lose this weight not to look good in jeans but to make sure I am around for my kids and if I ever want to have another baby. My AF has disappeared for the last 42 days.

Sorry this has turned into a total moan! Looking forward to trying the hazelnut shake later and I might try a chilli for lunch

Lol it seems my little voice could become great friends with your little voice haha! It try's to sabotage me something silly! Naughty little devil!! But it's ok at the moment my angel is being very strong and forcefully! I'm just too stubborn lol

Ha, the devil on my shoulder I think. Im not sure I have an angel!

Made the original oatmeal with cinnamon and sweetner, omg it had to go in the bin! It was salty even with my additions and the texture was weird. I might try it again in a few weeks when my taste buds change. Had a hazelnut shake with coffee added and it was really salty on my tongue and gloopy. I wonder is it the minerals I am tasting? The celebrity slim ones are amazing compared to the SNS ones, hoping I get used to the taste. I gulped it back and was feeling a bit sick so had some water.

Sounds like our not adding enough water! I add sweetners to my porridge today I had half a choc shake in it mmmmn choc porridge :) I love it

Ha, the devil on my shoulder I think. Im not sure I have an angel!

Made the original oatmeal with cinnamon and sweetner, omg it had to go in the bin! It was salty even with my additions and the texture was weird. I might try it again in a few weeks when my taste buds change. Had a hazelnut shake with coffee added and it was really salty on my tongue and gloopy. I wonder is it the minerals I am tasting? The celebrity slim ones are amazing compared to the SNS ones, hoping I get used to the taste. I gulped it back and was feeling a bit sick so had some water.

I totally agree, I loved celebrity slim they tasted like melted mcdonalds milkshakes. These are awful i managed half a raspberry one this morning could not stomach the rest x

Bridie, i added 250ml and some ice but maybe I over shook it and it turned gloopy. Am starving after it, dont know how long I can hold out for lunch. Great idea about the porridge though, maybe the chocolate powder will cover up the saltiness. I ordered 14 porridges because I wanted something more filling and dont want to waste them

Lula, glad I am not the only one missing CS shakes, they were bliss compared to these. But I know these will work, already a few pound down since yesterday, If i get 3 stone down I might take a months break on CS, i think I would actually look forward to it :cry:

I have 18lb till i get to goal once i've lost a stone i think i'll go back to weight watchers. I cant wait lol i was sick of weight watchers and counting points but now i actually cant wait to get back on it. But i need rid of as much as those 18lb as fast as i possibly can. I lost 2st 5lb with weight watchers but it took 7 months i need a quick fix in time for my holidays x

I add oatbran and freshly grated nutmeg to both the oatmeal and the porridge with a little sweetener and they taste delicious! As for the macaroni cheese, I'm afraid to try this one as I'm not really a lover of cheese flavoured things.

Back