Nausea and being sick

katywoo87

Gold Member
Hi all,

Anyone else experienced nausea and actually being sick on the plan? I have been back on plan since sunday after a week of messing about.

I have had sickness nausea for 5 days, yesterday was ok but I cant even get out of bed today, managed half a shake.

Spoke to my cdc she said to half my shakes, hasnt helped today. The website also recommends the same, yesterday i had a ss+ meal to try help but today I just cant face anything.

Please help :(

Hey katwoo!! Yes me! I've just started my CD journey three days ago and the on the first day I had the normal expected withdrawal symptoms from the carbs/ sugar! But I also felt nauseaous and ill in the afternoon then I got in and vomit back up the shake! Are you using the pre packaged shakes or the ones where you mix? ( mine was the pre made ones as I've not dared to try the ones you make yourself up!)

Maybe try the soups instead of the shakes? What about the porridges, are you any better on them? Hope you feel better hunny! Xx

So is nausea and sickness something to be expected? I'm starting today and haven't got a clue what to prepare for!

Souffle-la said:
So is nausea and sickness something to be expected? I'm starting today and haven't got a clue what to prepare for!

Oops so sorry souffle for some reason I didn't reply sooner! They say usual withdrawal symptoms can be headaches, lightheadedness, nausea and dizziness as you body is withdrawing from the sugar and carbs (literally like your withdrawing from a drug that you've been addicted to!) Some people might be fine and others get more severe symptoms!

As you posted this two data ago that would make you on day 2 now? How have you been getting on?

Hey Shazzy, I'm now on day three! Yesterday I had a headache all evening that just wouldn't budge and then I felt really really nauseous when I got in to bed. Not fun at all! However today I feel fine! Also I don't really feel that hungry, I've only had my porridge today.

Also Shazzy, I noticed we are a similar height and weight! How have you found CD so far? What have your losses been like? x

Also Shazzy, I noticed we are a similar height and weight! How have you found CD so far? What have your losses been like?

Lol!! That's one way to get a message! I've found it alright, after been sick, headaches and looking line death on a stick for day one it's been practically plain sailing since! I think I had all my symptoms on day 1!! I'm only on day 10 and so have had one WI... I lost 7lbs! My CDC expected a few pounds more and says as I was low carbing before it could have affected the amount I lost! Hopefully it'll mean I have a similar loss next week as most people seem to have a big 1st loss then a wee one for their 2nd!!

Well I'm at the end of day 3 now and I can honestly say I haven't really felt hungry! In fact it was a struggle to get my soup down this evening! I think I'm going to have to buy some water flavouring though, all this water is making me feel so sick!!

Hi Guys,

I am on day 3 today and feel sick, i also have developed a sore throat and cant seem to get warm! i hope im not getting a cold as the diet is hard enough without being poorly.. on the plus side im not so hungry, headache has gone :) but not yet in ketosis... i did test today :( :(

zimmum said:
Hi Guys,

I am on day 3 today and feel sick, i also have developed a sore throat and cant seem to get warm! i hope im not getting a cold as the diet is hard enough without being poorly.. on the plus side im not so hungry, headache has gone :) but not yet in ketosis... i did test today :( :(

Dont go by the tests they are incredibly inaccurate! If you are feeling unusually cold you could be in ketosis teamed with no hunger! I had to come off as my sickness got so bad I am starting again this week hope u feel better soon :)

Really?? :) :) Thats encouraging, cos I feel
Pants...Thanks for the well wishes and
I hope you are feeling better, hope this week goes well for u xx

Back