Nearly 40 - life begins!

wirralmum

Hi all

I've just joined after lurking for a while, and thought I'd pop in and say 'hi'.

I am a mum of two and in the past two years since having my youngest child, my weight has increased by 4 stone:cry:(and I wasn't slim to begin with!). I am afraid my youngest child still wakes several times in the night, and I have got into the terrible habit of munching on chocolate and biscuits when she awakens :eek:

Anyway, I turn 40 in less than 3 months' time and so have finally given myself the kick up the bum needed to get started on a diet. I am starting with the Scarsdale diet which I had good results with years ago, because I really need a fast weight loss at first otherwise I become de-motivated. After I've been on this for 2 weeks, I am thinking of switching to either Slimming World or Weight Watchers (not sure which one yet).

This site is absolutely brilliant and I have found it really inspiring to read some of the success stories on here, so I look forward to reporting on my own success story soon (I can dream!) :)

Congratulations on making that start :)

After the first weigh in its all downhill from there (number-wise of course!) haha

Good luck with your journey :)

Ps. SW is ace. My mother in law does WW and I watch her mess around with her calculator while I just cook my meals with 'free' food and just count the naughties :)

x

Hi

I've done both sw and ww in the past and tbh ww is just too much effort for me - I like the freedom of not weighing that sw free food is all about.

Thank you both for your responses, and especially the recommendations! That's a great help. I am no good at all with weighing things or counting things out, so I do like the sound of SW. Think that's the road I'll be going down :)

Thank you both for your responses, and especially the recommendations! That's a great help. I am no good at all with weighing things or counting things out, so I do like the sound of SW. Think that's the road I'll be going down :)

I need quick and easy family meals that everyone will eat and it's so easy to adapt what we would have eaten before into food optimising versions - there's some excellent recipes on this site to help.

i have never tried weightwatchers, but i did lose 3 stone in just about 4 months with slimming world, and i have to say that i really liked many of the recipes, and of course the fact that you dont have to weigh everything out....even my hubby really liked the sw spag bol and the curries etc, so he lost weight too!...good luck to you...keep us all updated! xxx

Back