Need a bit of a pick-me-up!

LucyItani

Hi Guys,
It's my first day today and I've hated every single pack i have tried- some literally making me gag!
I know i will get used to them but need some enocuragement - having a funny five minutes.
L xx

Hi Lucy, your taste will change & you'll get used to them. They are far better than some other vlcd packs I've tasted!! Stick in there & when you have your first weigh in it'll spur you on :)

Hi Lucy and welcome
So sorry that you've had to wait for a bit of encouragement but just got to my computer. I hope the waver has gone but if not first thing is just remember again why you've decided to do LL, you must have been determined to make up your mind to start.
You do get used to the packs and everyone finds some that they don't like. If you've only got lots of a small selection your LLC will always swop them for you for something else to try.
Also there are ways that might make them bearable for you such as adding extra water so that taste isn't so concentrated or vanilla to coffee, red tabasco sauce and or tablet sweeteners to soups.
If you search on minimins for "how to improve taste of packs" you will see threads with all sorts of ideas.
I don't like many of them but I can tolerate lots and I am trying to think that perhaps this will actually help change my attitude to food in that it is about nutrition and not always about gratification.

Good luck and just keep your first goal in mind it is easier once the weight loss starts.

Thanks guys!! Feeling alot more possitive, had chilli con carne and i acctualy quite enjoyed it!- Result!
I will stick at it and hopefully will start seeing the packs just as energy not something to enjoy!!
L xx

So glad you're feeling better.
Well done with the chilli con carne.
I had that tonight but I don't like hot spicy food so I add extra water and a savoury broth pack to help it along.

Keep going Lucy! It's all trial and error with the packs and well done for carrying on with the day! Xx

it really does get better....vanilla shakes and minestrone soup are my current faves. it is true they are "different" but think of it as a means to an end. Like a pill the doc might give you - take four a day to lose excess weight....:)

Back