need a cheesecake recipe

nina

Silver Member
Hi all !

Can someone send me the link to the almond crust cheesecake recipe pLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Have you searched on the recipes thread?

yes -- i saw on the other night and coudnt find it again!

I found one on another website -- cheescake is just done -- and now have to let it cool -- I am sooo excited to have this as this is near the end of week four on Atkins faithfully.

I promised myself that I would make it after 1 month...mmmm, almond crust!

heres the recipe:
Crust...

1/4 cup Finely Chopped pecans
1/4 cup Finely Chopped almonds
1/4 cup Finely Chopped walnuts
3/4 cup almond meal (almond flour)
2 Tablespoons butter (melt in microwave)
I only used freshly coursely ground almonds and 1 packet of diet sugar with a pinch of cinnnamon

Filling...

1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 1/3 cups Pourable Splenda (or other sugar substitute that is equal to 1 1/3 cups sugar) I used 3 packets of diet sugar
5 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla no vanilla -- so ommited
2 teaspoons lemon juice
16 ounces sour cream

Cream cheese and eggs should be at room temperature before you start. How To Prepare: Mix all nuts and almond meal with melted butter and press into a springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan, set aside to mix filling.

Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar substitute a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add vanilla and lemon juice, Add the sour cream last until just blemded in.

Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. If you want a cheesecake with a less brown top, put on the next rack down. Also, some have commented that they had a few cracks... Remember not to open the oven while baking, this might make it crack. You might also want to try a waterbath but its not really neccessary. When time is up, turn off the oven and prop open the oven door... leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake also, so if it shrinks while cooling it will not crack at that time either. Let cool to just about room temperature before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

and you need to take pics and post them on the picture thread so we can all drool over it!!!!! lol

(i couldnt be trusted to make it and NOT eat it all in one sitting lol)

yes -- i saw on the other night and coudnt find it again!

I found one on another website -- cheescake is just done -- and now have to let it cool -- I am sooo excited to have this as this is near the end of week four on Atkins faithfully.

I promised myself that I would make it after 1 month...mmmm, almond crust!

heres the recipe:
Crust...

1/4 cup Finely Chopped pecans
1/4 cup Finely Chopped almonds
1/4 cup Finely Chopped walnuts
3/4 cup almond meal (almond flour)
2 Tablespoons butter (melt in microwave)
I only used freshly coursely ground almonds and 1 packet of diet sugar with a pinch of cinnnamon

Filling...

1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 1/3 cups Pourable Splenda (or other sugar substitute that is equal to 1 1/3 cups sugar) I used 3 packets of diet sugar
5 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla no vanilla -- so ommited
2 teaspoons lemon juice
16 ounces sour cream

Cream cheese and eggs should be at room temperature before you start. How To Prepare: Mix all nuts and almond meal with melted butter and press into a springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan, set aside to mix filling.

Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar substitute a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add vanilla and lemon juice, Add the sour cream last until just blemded in.

Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. If you want a cheesecake with a less brown top, put on the next rack down. Also, some have commented that they had a few cracks... Remember not to open the oven while baking, this might make it crack. You might also want to try a waterbath but its not really neccessary. When time is up, turn off the oven and prop open the oven door... leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake also, so if it shrinks while cooling it will not crack at that time either. Let cool to just about room temperature before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

A good way of flavouring them is adding powdered no sugar jelly. x

oooh thanks fab idea! should I add the entire packet?

by the way, the cheesecake was easy to make but it needed a bit more sugar...

Lemon and Lime Cheesecake (or any sugar free jelly flavour)

100g hazelnuts
150g ground almonds
125g butter
250g mascarpone
250g ricotta
1/2 pint double cream
2 sachets of lemon and lime sugar-free jelly
Make the base:
Base line a 24cm springform tin with baking parchment. Put the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan and heat gently until they change colour and go a slightly darker brown. You might hear a faint sizzling too. Put them straight into a food processor and whizz to the size of digestive crumbs. Pour them into a bowl, add the ground almonds and a pinch of salt. Melt the butter then pour over the nuts and mix thoroughly to combine. Tip into the base-lined tin and spread out gently with the back of a spoon trying to get it evenly covered. Once spread out press firmly with the back of the spoon to pack down as evenly as possible. Put into the fridge for about half an hour to set.
Put the jelly crystals into a bowl and pour over approx 1/3 of a pint of boiling water. Whisk vigorously until the crystals have dissolved. Allow to cool until tepid whisking occasionally.
Put the cheese and cream into a mixing bowl and whisk together until all the lumps have gone and it is smooth and creamy. Beat in the jelly a little at a time. Pour the mixture onto the cooled base and refrigerate until set.
I used mascarpone and ricotta but 2x300g of Philly would work just as well.

mmm strawberry cheesecake :(

that sounds delicious! thanks!

Im like you Missy, i'd have to eat it all in one go. Im staying away from cheese for a while so i might make this in a few weeks

Back