Red Day Need a sauce recipe to go with salmon

3106Catherine

Silver Member
I have some salmon portions in the freezer and need a sauce or marinade to go with it. I have most staple essentials in, but I also have some dill in the garden and fancy making a dill sauce to go with it but no idea where to start or can I just sprinkle it on with some lemon juice?

Advice and ideas appreciated x

One of my lots favourites for salmon is when I just put the fillets on a large piece of foil squeeze some lime juice on and pour on some Thai chilli dipping sauce (Not sure how that works on SW) Fold the foil to seal it into a packet and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked to personal preference.
Alternately place salmon on foil squeeze some lemon juice on handful of chopped dill s/p and a tiny bit (optional) of butter.
In both cases the steam inside the packet will create it's own sauce.

Have you tried eggy bread? My lot recently got re-aquainted with this sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon! Prick the bread as you dip it in the bread so it really soaks it up. Use low fat spray instead of butter (unless they're built like string like my lot!).
You could make your own Scotch Eggs, children can help make them, they quite like rolling the egg in sausage meat or doing the dipping in egg and breadcrumbs. Bake instead of fry.
When I was a child I used to love my mums devilled eggs and would eat them by the dozen (if she'd let me but she never did!) Hard boil eggs cut in half scoop out yolk mash with light mayo and some curry powder to taste (to be honest you could use anything here~ cream cheese, or ketchup, whatever they like. Then if you have a piping bag (they can do this bit!) pipe filling back into the egg "shell".
Cheesy omelettes are a big fave here but you have to make them with cheese slices, when the underside of the omelette is almost cooked put a couple of slices onto the setting top! Fold in half and continue cooking for a minute. The cheese slices all melt inside the omelette. I don't like omelettes but have been known to have a taste of this lol.
you could layer thin omelettes and put ham, grated cheese, beans etc between the layers and then cut it into slices like a cake (you can go as high as your imagination will take you.

Hard boil eggs cut in half scoop out yolk mash with light mayo and some curry powder to taste (to be honest you could use anything here~ cream cheese, or ketchup, whatever they like. Then if you have a piping bag (they can do this bit!) pipe filling back into the egg "shell".

Ooh that sounds good, I'll have to have a go at that tomorrow!:)

There's what looks like a lovely recipe in this months magazine - Sticky salmon. The marinade is 2level tbsp runny honey and 3tbsp light soy sauce. You literally marinate for 15 minutes and then grill the salmon steaks

There's what looks like a lovely recipe in this months magazine - Sticky salmon. The marinade is 2level tbsp runny honey and 3tbsp light soy sauce. You literally marinate for 15 minutes and then grill the salmon steaks

That sounds good, am I right in guessing its about 2 syns for the honey?

Back