Need a slimming world buddy

I have always loved the concept of the slimming world diet and have family members who have followed the plan and gone to the support groups for years. ive had off and on success with the SW diet in fact I got down to 9st from being 10st 7lb when I was 14-15. Now I know that a lot of you may be thinking "why the hell were you trying to lose weight at 14! That's crazy" and if any other young girl told me she was doing this I would say the same thing. The sad fact is that My mother was always dieting from a young age and had a total complex when it came to her weight as a 5ft 8in woman in her early 20s she was a very slight 8st 7lb but to her she was still fat and it was never enough for her. Even sadder than that though at one point she was bulimic and made herself very ill... I think growing up around all this weight related stress definitely had an effect on me :( but I'm determined to turn my back on silly weight loss fads and crash diet I want to be healthy a little bit slimmer and happy with my body! Please if anyone out there wants to buddy up even if it's just for bit of a chat then that would be lovely

Hi kiddie...I am on the same boat...I am struggling to lose at...started as diet from home last week and lost 3lbs...delighted...but finding it hard to ker p up...would like to it buddy...and we can support each other n we can do it...I need to 3st ..love to hear from u

Would love to buddy up.
I had problems from a young age too and have always been self conscious about my weight. From the age of 5 I remember my dad telling me I wasn't allowed sweets like the other kids or I'd end up fat. Then my mum signed me up for slimming world at around the same age as you, when I look back at the photos of me then there was nothing wrong with me. I was 12st, but 5ft 9, but my sister was 8st and only a bit shorter. I always wonder if my family hadn't called me fat my whole life, would I be a healthy weight now?

I just started following the SW plan on my own at home, too. I started on the 4th of January and lost 4lb in my first week (so happy) :) I haven't got masses to lose, just another stone and a bit, but happy to buddy up & offer support. I've been using this site loads (without registering) to find out answers re sync etc and have found it really helpful; in fact, I don't think there was a question that the site couldn't answer, so thanks everyone!

Hi jhsax ...the comments really affects our confidence...my confidence is so low now...I need to be focused and lose weight....I always find excuess to passify myself...full time working mum...managing two active young boys...busy.busy and no time for myself...I need to pause and look after myself...I am tired trying to fit into clothes... Following sw plan from home...its do able and I need to do this time...

Thanks to all of you for replying so fast! Jhsax it's so nice to have someone to relate to but so unfortunate to hear that you to had demons about your weight as a child too. I sometimes feel I missed out a bit on being a "proper teenager" because when my friends were all going in nice dresses or skirts I would hold back and wear skinny jeans and a hoodie or a long top. As most of my friends were stuck thin and had parents that were the same I was always labelled as the fat friend :( I don't remember ever having a child's figure for as long as I can remember my figure was always curvier then those of my fellow classmates but I think in there eyes because of the child like figures they still had at the time I was the "fat" kid. Now I see people that I used to go to school with and there bodies have changed so much or they put on weight (especially the girls) got wider hips bigger thighs and I think "yeah now you know how I felt all those things happened to me,just at a younger age" would love to buy a dress in a size smaller maybe that could be my motivation to fit into it? Jhsax how do you stay motivated?

Started slimming world 2 weeks ago haven't weighed in at all since starting.... heading to tesco today to buy some scales .....wish me luck!

I think of all those nice clothes I could wear. I see someone in the street wearing a nice outfit and think "that will be me one day" but sometimes life throws me off track, but I'm trying. I'm going to Florida in Aug and I want to fit on the rides. I booked my holiday in Oct to go to Florida, it cost me £2500 with lowcostholidays, it was my inheritance money from my grandad, lowcostholidays screwed me over and I lost all my money, it threw me off plan for 3 months and I gained 2st. I'm a mature student and I couldn't afford to replace the money before Aug and save up for the tickets.
Then my OH got 'extra' work and we seem to be back on track for our holiday, so now I have to get my head back down double speed to fit on those coasters.

Started slimming world 2 weeks ago haven't weighed in at all since starting.... heading to tesco today to buy some scales .....wish me luck!

Be careful what scales you buy, some are really inaccurate. I've got some Weight watcher ones from amazon that seem to be good.

I think of all those nice clothes I could wear. I see someone in the street wearing a nice outfit and think "that will be me one day" but sometimes life throws me off track, but I'm trying. I'm going to Florida in Aug and I want to fit on the rides. I booked my holiday in Oct to go to Florida, it cost me £2500 with lowcostholidays, it was my inheritance money from my grandad, lowcostholidays screwed me over and I lost all my money, it threw me off plan for 3 months and I gained 2st. I'm a mature student and I couldn't afford to replace the money before Aug and save up for the tickets.
Then my OH got 'extra' work and we seem to be back on track for our holiday, so now I have to get my head back down double speed to fit on those coasters.

Ow Jhsax im so sorry to hear that you lost that money it really annoys me when big company's think they can take advantage of customers like that. I'm sure your holiday will be amazing I am extremely jealous too! I know when changing diets it's easy to get hung up on just weight loss alone but just remember the health benefits and positive effect it's having in your body and overall your emotional health. I know myself that when I'm eating junk good I feel great for about five minutes then I just feel fat,greedy and guilty :( but when I eat good,healthy filling foods I feel better for it and for the good decisions I'm making :)

I don't really feel unhealthy. I think that's the main reason I didn't start before last year. I can still run around the block (and have) and I can run up and down stairs without getting puffed and I can still beat all my mates in swimming races, but I guess you don't know what's happening under the surface.
I also don't feel guilty eating junk food, nor does it make me feel good, I just eat it when its passed to me as I don't like saying no (by the OH and before that my housemaid who can both get away with eating 2 packs of crisp, a choc bar and half a bottle of whiskey a night because they are super skinny). Half my battle is training the OH. If he thinks I've had a bad day he brings me a treat, today he bought me a full rack of ribs in bbq sauce because he knows its my fav, but I just put my foot down and chucked it in the freezer, if he doesn't pass it to me I don't think about going and getting it so I'm going to have to train him better.

Would of been better in the bin, now I can dig it out on a bad day lol, but starving kids in Africa and all that, I can't put it in the bin...

Tell your other half, next time he wants to bring you some food, make it an exotic fruit, the kind you wouldn't normally out in your trolley because they are so expensive. I bet it would work out cheaper than a rack of ribs and it would be better for you! he'll still be treating you but supporting your efforts instead of sabotaging them.

Back