Need advice on starting this plan..

hippylove

I have been doing a very low calorie plan that really involves not eating apart from snacking on salads..I have just had a baby and I want to lose weight but I need to do it in a healthier way as I am diabectic type 2.I would love to know how much weight you have lost on this SW plan during the first week you started and how it has helped you..I could do with the advice & help right now,thanks guys...:)

Hi Hippylove,

I joined SW in Jan & have lost just over 2 stones in12 weeks. I lost 6lbs in my first week. I have a 24yr old son who also goes to SW and he has lost nearly 1 1/2 stones.
It really is worth joining hunni. Its a very safe diet...no gimmicks just healthy eating, & would be fine for you to do if you are breastfeeding, & should also accommodate your diabetes.
Hope thats of some help to you. Good luck xx

Hiya
I am on my 2nd week and lost 8.5 last week. I have been on many diets in my time and I always come back to SW. You need to put the fuel in your body to burn the fat! You wouldnt try to run your car with no fuel in it would you? If you are breast feeding your little one needs the goodness from your food and that means a balanced diet which is what the SW plan provides. I cant stress enough how you are messing with your metabalism by eating LC your body will go if not already into starvation mode and hold on to every morsel. Be kind to your body its the only one youve got!! Good luck on your decision :)

I'm in same boat, I did low calorie n lost 4 stone then I put 7 lb back on n now it just won't go. Lost 3pm in 3 weeks doin slimming world so far but is this because my body needs to get used to eating more? X

I started sw last week and lost 12lbs in my first week. But I have a lot to lose. I find the plan really easy to follow, feel like I am always eating! And you never have to starve! Everyone on here is so helpful too

Best of lick on your weightloss and congrats on the baby. X

WOW!!! thanks guys ..I really want to do this plan and you all have encouraged me to do so .I will give it a try starting from tomorrow hopefully and I will post my staring weight & goals..etc..thanks so much for the advice it was needed..:)

I started SW at 16stone. First week lost 5.5lbs I think. Roughly.

Then went on to lose every week, til I'd lost 2 stone in 8 weeks.

It helps me because I can follow it when breastfeeding, pregnant, husband can follow it and I can eat.

Right now I'm walloping into 2 full slices of wholemeal toast, baked beans with edam on top. A pear and a cuppa tea. All withough breaking the syn bank.

I can follow this plan indefinitely, which is not to say we don't all have off days, but its a plan i can live with.

I am exactly the same as you did a vlcd for a wk but coudnt hack it
I finished that on sun had a few days of eating to much prob
Went to class last nite started plan today
Only thing im worried about is even foll plan 100% i mite sts or gain
After so few cals the wk before
Does anyone else know if this mite happen thanks lesley

It's possible but who knows as you were only on the vlcd for one week. If it does then at least you will know the reason why it happened. And after your body has adjusted you will be back on track and losing again in no time!

I lost 8lbs in my 1st 2 weeks and am back on it again.
The biggest tip I have is to plan ahead.
Sit down with the books and stuff and plan your menu for the week and then go a shop.
This is the only way I can make it work.
Good luck
xx

All I'll say is trust in the plan and follow it - and the results will show over time. If you're coming from long term VLC plan - then it may take a short while for the body to re-adjust from all accounts (never done one personally but goign on what others have said before).

Depending though on how much you have to loose - and how different your SW diet is to what your body is used to - you can have a tremendous first week loss - but DO NOT compare yourself to other people - everyone is different and everybody bodies will adapt differently to changes in diet/lifestyle (for me - it was a complete change from takeaways, junk food, cakes, biscuits, etc pratically every day to food optimising every day - and being larger then most - I actually lost a stone in my first week. That said - I've known people who loose 2lb in their first week).

I know it is easier said that done, but try not to get too hung up on the weekly losses and comparing yourself to others. I can appreciate you want the weight off quickly, don't we all, but if you put too much pressure on yourself to lose too much too quick, it will all end in tears.

I'm sorry if that sounded a little harsh, but I am talking from personal experience. I have given up on so many diets because I was 'only' losing half a pound a week. But I've come to see that if I had stuck with it and lost half a pound a week every week, I would be in a much better place than I am right now! :rolleyes: To me SW is a change of lifestyle, a plan that with some simple changes to your eating habits, you can stick to for life. As a result, my weight losses might be slower than on other 'diets' I've done, but I'm not hungry, I don't feel deprived, I don't have to weigh every single little thing that passes my lips or do without my evening meal if I want a chocolate bar at lunch.

I'm sure you can and will do it!

I lost 2lbs in my first week and I've been averaging at that ever since - I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed that first week, but I've stuck at it and I'm now over a stone and a half down and eating this way's just become my life.

I'm healthier, my skin's better and it doesn't feel like I'm on a diet 95% of the time, either.

Back