Need freezable meal ideas ...please x

wannabesize10

Silver Member
Hi All,

I have a friend who is over weight mainly as she can not cook ... i know everyone should be able to do the basics but she can burn water :D

i really wanted to help her & her children out by doing a big batch of food that is freezable that she can either warm up in the oven or microwave,

sadly i don't freeze a lot of food i also cook from fresh ... i know lasange can freeze ok and cottage pie but any other ideas what i can make her,

i am on the lipotrim diet at the moment so no food for me but i still enjoy cooking so wouldnt mind at all, - it's just i can't bear she may get ill calling for a takeway nearly every night and living on beans on toast

thank you xx

Im on LT too but still cook for hubby!
I have frozen for him
*beef casserole
*roasted veggies (ie aubergine courgette etc) that he can add to pasta etc
*lamb and veg curry
*fish pie-fish of your choice, white (or cheese) sauce, peas topped with mash
you could also do

*pork and apple casserole
*spag bol, add the cooked spaghetti, it will freeze just fine!
How about stewing some fruit for her too? she could freeze it and add to yogurt or put on her cereal!

Hope that helps, will keep thinking! x

Hi I'm on scottish slimmers. This Spag bols recipe pleases everyones palate and its healthy too!! for 4. Brown 350 grms lean beef with chopped onion and garlic to taste. Add 2 400g tins of chopped tomatoes, 1 crumbled stock cube(any flavour but beef is nicest) add 1/2 teaspoon of mixed herbs. Add any amount of mushrooms and/or chopped peppers to taste. Simmer till sauce thickens. 225gms pasta for all 4(dried weight) Top each serving with a dspn parmesan. Its well tasty. Really filling and 375 cal per portion. Its my fav to make the family.

i freeze most meals. doesnt really matter what it is and you can control the portion sizes that way too!!

thanks everyone - i have started making the meals sooooo hard being on LT but i love the smells ...MMM i have a cooking lesson with her in the week thats for your help xxx

I make soups in literally vats at a time, just for little me! I add whatever veg happens to be cheap, stock, lentils... just boil it up, blend if desired and freeze away! very healthy!

Veggie lasagne freezes really well. Don't cook the pasta sheets before freezing. Allow them to cook with the lasagne after defrosting. Last time I made one, I had two layers of generic tomato/vegetable sauce, one layer of spinach with blue cheese and one layer of creamy lentils, then topped it with blobs of homemade pesto and some mozzerella... and it was sodding lovely!

sounds like avery impressive lasagne sidewalk socialscientist!!!

Back