Need help and possibly a new weight loss friend to talk to!

unicorn

Ok,

So have been dieting for years, which just hasnt worked.

Of all the things I have tried calorie counting has always been the best way for me.

Have come off a lot of meds over the last few months which i piled on the weight with! I developed a binge eating problem for 2/3 years on one specific tablet for anxiety which i am now off. My appetite has gone back to normal, but I cant seem to kick these bad habits!! I also seem to have lost faith in myself to keep going.
No matter how bad my habits are, and no matter how many times i have fallen flat on my face, do you guys think there is still hope?

Generally I lose half a stone-stone and then I start taking it easy to reward myself or something- excuses! I suffer from depression also so I comfort eat a lot. Now its not the appetite but numbing my anxiety i think and perhaps habit and a bit of boredom too.

Does anyone else feel the same? Would love to hear some success stories from people like me and would love someone/somewhere to report my weight result back to each week. Hope Im not asking too much!

Keep up all the good work.....there are so many strong willed people here its great, don't let anyone bring or put you down :)

Unicorn

Hi, thanks for the reply!

You live in Ireland too, thats cool!
Yeah, its been going on here for years too, and each time I fall on my face I lose more faith in myself. For some reason, I cant seem to rise about the immense guilt/fury with myself when i have a binge or mess up!! How about you?

Its like I think i've ruined everything and undone loads of hard work and am going nowhere!!!

Yeah, you're totally right with the healthy eating thing...it's the only way...i've been eating a lot of rubbish lately and can feel the tiredness.... my body is craving proper food as processed stuff just isnt satisfying at all atm.

I need help, someone to talk to thats going through the same, I think I've lost perspective on the weight loss front and also, I am COMPLETELY out of touch with my body....i have bad stretch marks from the last few years and I forget they're there half the time, I also am a lot bigger than I realise also....when i lose a few pounds i nearly feel like a supermodel so start taking it easy again. Think its probably a bit of body dysmorphia!

Just really need to know if there's still hope!!!

Do you drink diet drinks? I drink several diet cokes a day.....which i think is one of the main culprits!!!! I dont believe I can give it up though :(

Hi Hun,
Ive been obese for 17 years and tried every diet under the sun. I finally made a decision to go onto lipotrim. Its a meal replacement diet, its very hard but takes away your decisions to have food. You have to have will power but my god look at my results! I am a different person, my confidence is sky high and finally found something that is working for me after all of these years!! I cut all of my emotional ties with food and dont turn to food in times of stress. I still have 4 stone to lose but im getting there. Please done give up please message me and ill give you support hun x

Lucy_Jucie, i also learned not to turn to food when I'm stressed or emotional. You're right, it's gonna help a lot. :p

Hi Lucy and Desperate,

Thanks for your replies! I tried Lipotrim before but it wasn't for me....too expensive and prefer to eat food. But thanks anyway and glad its working for you Lucy :)
You both are doing amazing.. so wish i could believe in myself again!

It seems like I have detached myself from my body...like hiding it and ignoring it nearly,if you know what i mean? After years of hating my body Ive rejected it and dont even look at it in the mirror...ie my hips with stretch marks. Therefore when eating rubbish i think it doesnt matter what damage im doing to my body.

Also, I seem to imagine myself to be thin and toned to motivate myself, like how i used to look when i was 17, and how i want to look again....and then its like i keep going into denial and almost confuse those images with reality. My body issues are messed up! Can you guys identify with this?
I dont think I realise how big I am now.....its like im still stuck in wishful thinking mode sometimes, if you get me?

Appetite has gone back to normal so its just a matter of conquering this and then the anxiety at night. Would love to hear your stories, you guys are going amazing! Keep up the good work!

Uni

I'm the same .. Lose a stone / half a stone - then am happy with the way I look (because i've always looked that way!) - then put it back on. Constant yoyoing. I hope this time it's different and after that stone mark, i'll continue.

I've set a goal for September so i'm hoping i'll focus on that rather than these mini goals.

Tough though :(

Hello Unicorn

I can understand where you are coming from when you mention both depression and anxiety! I also have been diagnosed with PTSD (Post Tramatic Stress Disorder) as a result of being abused by my step-father... long story.

Anyway, sometimes I would do comfort eatting like you mention and gain some weight and other times I would loose my appitate due to stress of the depression. Also some of the mediation I was on caused weight gain so I requested to be taken off of it.

I eventually found that the best thing to treat depression was 2 things: the thing that worked for me the most and still does is lots and lots of exercise! I've heard from therapists that exercise is the best thing to treat both depression and anxiety. It will beat having to take any medication! It also helps take any pain away! I found that to be true too as well as increase energy as well as at least in my case decrease appitate not to mention help loose inches and help with weight loss and overall feeling good!

Another thing for me that helped with both depression and anxeity is getting involved with support groups such as for me needlework since that is a big hobby of mine. I'm also involved in a TBI group... (brain injury group) due to me having head trauma and hydrocephalus (water on the brain and a shunt in my head). I am recently involed in a cancer support group also because I just found out my Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 Non Hogkins Lyphoma. Anyway all of that is helping with both stress and depression. I'm also involed in an art class that meets once a week too.

Also another thing that has helped me with depression and anxeity is getting heavly involed with hobbies like painting, calligraphy and needlework. I would also love to learn how to quilt. Last night in my cancer group I also learned about a writing class that will start in April that will meet for 6 weeks and I want to do that too! As you can see, I keep busy! Doing all of this will elimate depression! I don't have time to get depressed! LOL

Also the support and being around friends and now meeting new people through groups is doing wonders! As I'm struggling through stress from my Mom's cancer diagnosis I'm finding keeping busy is the best thing for me.

I think that keeping busy with hobbies, being around people and getting support through groups if possible and being around friends/family as well as plently of daily exercise is the best way to combat both depression and anxeity. It has sure helped me!

If you want a buddy to help you keep accountable through weigh ins each week I would be willing to do that.

I just joined this site as of March 13th and just started Lipotrim that day as well. However I've been seeing a dietition a bit longer and exersing quite a bit and had already lost a bit of weight before that.

Terri

can you get lipotrim in the usa now?

It all sounds horribly familiar - funny how so many of us go through these same patterns of behaviour.

Harriet2 - I love your quote:

'everytime i sabortage myself im using food as a drugie would get their fix only im killing myself slowly with food....' total madness and stops RIGHT NOW!

Food is like an addiction - it helps deal with emotional pain (be that sadness, anger, boredom, whatever) in the same way a drug does. I see parallels between myself and my serial diet attempts and my OH and his serial attempts to give up smoking. Yet no-one really views food as a serious addiction even though the habits and attachments you form are every bit as hard to give up as other drugs.

Back