Need help ... please

sortingoutmylife

Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm feeling really down about my weight and really want to start losing, but the last two weeks I've stuck to the diet and not got anywhere. In fact I've gone up! I really feel at my wits end and I don't know what to do. Since re-joining WW in January I've only lost 4lbs and that's probably only the 4lbs of excess water/food that I ate the week before I joined!

Last year I did Cambridge Diet and YES it was hard, but I did lose the weight, and I'm seriously contemplating doing that again. I know in my heart of hearts I don't want to do it as you can't 'live' when you're on it, so I'd be a hermit, but least I'd be a thin hermit ;)

My sister (Twiggy) says that I've got to stop putting my life on hold (I'm single and don't think (know!) I can't meet anyone new until I've lost some of my weight) I'm 12.10 and 5'3"... so want to lose about 3 stone. I know to some of you that may not seem that much, and if I were losing 1-1.5 pounds a week I think I'd be happy, but I'm not even losing that. And I can't see anyone wanting to be with me until I like myself.

Anyway, sorry went off on a tangent there, probably too much information! - Does anyone else stick to it and not lose? What helped you? Please just need a rope to cling onto....

sorry - Just really feeling down and not sure what to do :( Advice appreciated
Sha

Hi yep it can and does happen that you stick to the plan and nothing comes off which drives you mad. What you need to do is play about with the plan to find a combination that works for you. Use different food combinations but within your points eg some people find not eating too many carbs starts their weight loss. A good suggestion also is to post up your food plans each day and people will help you by checking them just in case the points are wrong.

Hope that helps a bit but someone else will pop along soon with more advice I'm sure

Good luck

M

Aww (((((((((hugs)))))))))) :hug99:
I think we all feel like this at some point in our lives TBH(i know i certainly have).

Re;Diet-WW does work and is a "real life" diet as you are aware.

Are you planning your meals,drinking at least 2litres of water,eating your 5 a day and getting some exercise in?

Why dont you and twigs have a mini challenge with each other that might give you some more motivation.

And you will find someone, please believe in yourself-it will happen when your least expecting it!
So come on hun chin up and get back on that wagon...xx

Hi Hun! Don't let yourself be beaten by this! You can and will do it! Like M says why don't you post your daily food diaries so that we can see what you're eating and offer advice and suggestions? How many points you on? There'll be some reason why the weight ain't shifting but there's always loads of advice on here!

Hi, sorry to hear you are struggling - its awful when you are sticking to plan and its not working.

Nothing to add to the advice already given other than I was watching Lorraine Kelly yesterday (I KNOW!!!! GMTV :p) and Dr Hillary was talking to someone about underactive Thyroid - apparently the symptoms go un-noticed for years and even when people cut back on food intake, they gain weight...maybe you should get it checked. The other side effect is feeling very tired all the time apparently.

Might be good to rule it out if you are being very diligent and sticking to the plan and its not working for you, yet. xx

Hi, Sorry your feeling this way. Do you attend the WW meetings? Has your leader picked up on this and given you any advice?

Drinking plenty of water helps and I try not to eat after 6. Maybe switch your meals around if possible dinner at lunchtime and you can work it off throughout the afternoon.

Good luck keep posting xx

Hi all,

Thank you SO much for all your replies. Reading them has really made me feel better and determined to give it another few weeks to see how I go.

I WILL start a diary on here, and would really appreciate you giving it the once over to make sure I'm not going wrong somewhere!

I do tend to eat low carb as much as I can, but I do tend to eat same foods, so I'll try and change foods!

If I don't lose in a couple of weeks (of sticking strictly to it) then I'll go to the doctors - thanks again for that piece of advice :)

I've also really upped my water intake - I had 5 pints today which I think is just over 2 litres. I want to get to 4 litres as that's what I used to drink on Cambridge, but will take it slow building it up!

thanks again everyone - I'm off now to start my new diary, and I PROMISE I'll write everything down that passes my lips! :)
xxxx

you should speak to Tracey (Trash) about it - shes having the same issues as you with sticking around the same weight.. you might be able to provide each other with some support :) xxx

Noooo DONT got to 4litres thats far far too much if youre on WW :eek:

You need 4l on CD as you dont get water from food etc. You intake 2l a day naturally from food on a diet like WW so you only need another 2 of fluid, be it water, diet drinks, tea or coffee.

Dont even consider upping your water to 4l thats far too much and that could really screw up your weight loss.

Noooo DONT got to 4litres thats far far too much if youre on WW :eek:

You need 4l on CD as you dont get water from food etc. You intake 2l a day naturally from food on a diet like WW so you only need another 2 of fluid, be it water, diet drinks, tea or coffee.

Dont even consider upping your water to 4l thats far too much and that could really screw up your weight loss.

Totally agree with Sandy on the water front (not as in where boats go, but the issue with water....)

2lts is the recommended intake if you are eating regular food. xx

hey hun,

just wanted to ask did you take your measurements when you started, because sometimes in the passed when i have been dieting i have lost inches but the scale has stayed the same for a few weeks?

Also (boring science bit) when you lose fat your body can replace those little fat pockets with water - but then as soon as your body realises it doesnt need to hold on to it then it lets it go - like a woosh - when that happens you can lose 2-4lbs in one go!

This has happened to me a few times before - and is the absolute reason you should not give in - i am sure your hard work will pay off soon!!

I also totally agree with the carb thing, even not eating carbs after lunch makes a big difference, for me anyway

Good luck honey xxx

Thank you so much :) Keep thinking I can't be the only person in the world that this diet doesn't work for! So will keep plodding on and trying to remain positive.

Let's hope I have lots of water pockets all over! lol

xxx

its totally possible! i have lost and gained the same 30lbs 3 times - this is my 4th and last go (i will not be stupid enough to let it pile back on again) and the rate of losing everytime i have lost has been different

your body will be adjusting to all your new found healthiness!!

i feel the same way about boys as you too - i have kind of hid away a bit the last year - and not confident enough to go chat up lads - or go out with the girls (who are skinny & gorgeous!) and feel nice about myself - this is another reason i am staying on track this time - i would love to get a new boyf i feel like ive been single forever!!

here is to us sticking to our plan - and meeting a sexy lad before the year is out!!!! xx ;)

Back