Need help :(

kate7590

I posted this in fitness section but its not had any replies, which isn't very helpful. Thought it might get a better result here :)

I need help.
Iv recently lost 3 stone, so Im really happy with that.
I went shopping at the weekend and bought lots of nice clothes, all size 12!! [used to be a 16]

They all fit well, but because now I want to try and wear more fitted clothes rather than my usual bed sheet style, Im now having problems.....
My legs are fine, my arms are okay, the upper body is okay, but my middle is disgusting.

I look like a misshaped person, I really do.
If I wear fitted clothes I just feel like crying because my hips and belly just pop out and I look hideous.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I really want a nice figure, but this is really getting me down.
I have pictures if that would help....

I'm no fitness expert but maybe some toning exercises would help, I read somewhere 'the plank' is excellent for toning your middle, or u could try a pilates class - it strengthens your core significantly.
Well done on your weightless by the way!

I would really recommend kettlebells for a fantastic all over workout but more importantly great inch loss. I follow the kettleworx programme which is a 6 week programme comprising of 3 X 20 minute workouts a week. It doesnt have to stop after the 6 weeks though coz I'm on my 3rd round of it & it has helped me by giving me a lot more waist definition as well as all over toning. I hope that is of some help to you :)

Last edited:
I would really recommend kettlebells for a fantastic all over workout but more importantly great inch loss. I follow the kettleworx programme which is a 6 week programme comprising of 3 X 20 minute workouts a week. It doesnt have to stop after the 6 weeks though coz I'm on my 3rd round of it & it has helped me by giving me a lot more waist definition as well as all over toning. I hope that is of some help to you :)

OOo sounds really interesting, never heard of kettleworx. off to investigate :D

Hi hope this might help you alo.

Pilates is another option.

Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps build flexibility and long, lean muscles, strength and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. Developing a strong core or center (tones abdominals while strengthening the back), and improving coordination and balance. Pilates system allows for different exercises to be modified in range of difficulty from beginning to advanced.

It is worth looking at.

Rob

People have suggested toning up, which is a good idea, but have you considered buying something like shape wear? It won't make anything magically disappear, but it'll smooth you out a little. Just a thought!

blackskinnyjeans said:
People have suggested toning up, which is a good idea, but have you considered buying something like shape wear? It won't make anything magically disappear, but it'll smooth you out a little. Just a thought!

This can work wonders as a temporary fix! It can take a good 12 months for your skin to pull back in after weightloss. So look after your skin (cleanse exfoliate moisturise and drink plenty of water), grab some spanx to try and help for now and give the toning a go!!

Well fitting underwear would make you look and feel much firmer whilst you are excercising for a more permanent result

Back