Need LL and my job!

cc28

Hi all I am needing help guys. I have just started a new job but only temporary so I am in the proving myself stage. It involves Saturdays but I am really wanting (and needing) to come to group. I am wondering what suitable reasons/ excuses I can use to get out of Saturdays until the programme ends?

I planned to do the first 2 Saturdays which were required and then if they confirmed my employment, choose a start date after LL foundation had ended. But I am now thinking I would be better off not missing group because it helps me.

Any ideas will be very much welcomed!

can you not go to another group with your counsellor? I presume as it is a temp job that sats coming up to christmas will be essential?

How many weeks in are you? do you feel you really need the councilling? The problem you will have is most temp jobs will always include saturday work.
Maybe your councillor could accommodate a pop in to get weighed and pick up packs but that defeats the object of paying the extra for the councilling - you may as well do the Cambridge diet if that is the case. I was allowed to miss 3 weeks in my foundation for personal reasons but I was at least 10 weeks in......... Good Luck x

Dancing - I too would LOVE a weekend group. My week days are just chocca block and I have loads of free time at the weekends just now. And also the weekends are the trickiest for me in terms of keeping on track so a group would be perfect then. Hmmm, yes it's frustrating!
:)

Thanks so much for your replies. I thought and thought about it and realised I really wanted to devote myself wholly to LL until the end of foundation- the management is on a different day. This is an amazing opportunity for me to get down to a good weight for me- I have not been there since I was 13 and also to reprogramme my eating habits for good.

Some ppl say the counselling is not important and boring but I find it incredibly helpful. So I decided I was willing to sacrifice my job to continue. I had the option of working in a newsagents to fall back on if necc then restart my career in hair in the future.

Hair is very hard to get into as a career changer I can tell you! I thought the salon owner would let me go as there are ppl queing to work in that salon but to my surprise she said she had been very happy with my work so far and allowed me to have the Saturdays off till my programme ends. The only catch was that my trial would be 4 weeks rather than the original 2 but I went to my LL meeting that day feeling very happy and while I was there I realised it was the best decision I could have made.

Back