My Christmas mission

Huseyin

Silver Member
I think at this stage of my life, comfort comes too easy. I often found myself over the past year thinking "what's the point you only Yoyo with your weight", "your natural weight is around this mark so why bother", "you have a job, you are settled, who are you impressing" or far worse "just give up and love yourself and the skin you are in". Granted the last one holds some merit, but for health reasons it can be dangerous, especially now that I am getting older. Admirable, but worrying. In fact writing this down has made me realise the denial I have been suffering.

Since I was 18....now 33. I have been on Atkins, LL, Weight Watchers and now SnS. For me the battle against weight is a challenge like many others on these forums. I have gone up and down the scale without managing to stay slim. However, this time I am adamant to keep it off, enough is enough already. I am so sick of dieting that this one will be the last one for good. I know that my lifestyle has to change too, exercise is a must after I get going with this diet.

Today is my first day - it has been challenging and I have wanted to quit within the first 6 hours. I had flashbacks of being on LL and remembering how difficult that was, food nightmares, avoiding meals out, listening to people tell me its all unhealthy and that I should stop doing it, testing my resolve with food. But, I also remember proving people wrong, having my weigh in's and feeling good, being motivated by the loss and finally, being able to walk into a clothes store to pick up items of clothes I really wanted, and feeling comfortable in it. This latter part will keep me motivated and I want the feeling of being slim again.

I hope together we can all reach our goals and motivate each other. Without Minimins in the past I would have failed, this is without a doubt the greatest tool to use in our fight.

Good luck to all - Day 1 down!

Really thoughtful post. Good luck on your journey!

Oh - and there's also a Christmas challenge sticky thread on the main forum if you're interested (just in case you haven't found it yet).

Back