Need some advice on SW plan..

Veggie_Tart

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster - I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on the SW plan as I'm thinking about joining a class tomorrow. one of the girls i work with swears by it.

I tried WW inthe past and lost just over a stone, but as I'm a vegetarian, I hated being penalised for eating fruit and pasta (which I eat a lot).

I am familiar with how the plan works, but have some concerns about branded foods etc. With WW you can stick the nutrition info into a points calculator, but I can't see how I'd do this with SW - will I just have to cut out ready meals/dried foods completely?

Thanks for any advice you can give...

Absolutely not - when you become a member you get a PIN number to access the member section of the SW website. On there you will find a database of syn values so you can look up particular products and a syn calculator for any that are not listed. Similar to WW you plug in the nutritional information and whether it has any free foods in it and it tells you the syn value on each plan.

you can also buy various books if you can't get on-line all the time (or can't be bothered) there's a food directory £7:50 from class with a declared 21,500 different entries, supermarket, famous brands, takeaways, resteraunts, etc....
As a non meat/fish? eater, you will not be penalised, the eating plan works around many varied dietary requirements, likes, dislikes and allergies - I'm sure you'll find it rewarding.

Good luck

Oh thats brilliant - I was a bit worried there that I'd have to be super-organised and cook everything from fresh!

No more excuses for me - I'll need to go register tomorrow!

Thanks!

Good luck on your SW way! Am sure you'll be fine. :D

Am doing SW at home but get loads of info from this forum (thanks you all!) via the search engine, from an old "branded foods" book (hm, might have to invest into an up-to-date one) as well as the magazines there always "what's new" is listed.

I should probably mention that whilst the syn values for just about every food available are listed online and in the directory, sw is very different to the original points plan on ww. There are far fewer options available for ready meals and convenience food on sw, and the syns are really there for extra's and treats as the plan relies more on free and superfree foods.

Just giving you a heads up, as I know ww has lots of foods available for those times when you want something quick and convenient, but sw doesn't have as many options in that respect. It does have things to choose from, but not as many as ww.

That said, i love this plan, and love how it makes me choose healthy options.

Hey I'm also a veggie but only have been for about 2 years. I joined sw about 8 months ago and I find it has really helped with my meal planning. Even my oh likes my veggie meals and as long as he gets his Sunday roast he's happy!! I'm on the green plan and can eat as much fruit and pasta as I want guilt free! Hope it goes well for you :)

Back