Need some encouragement

keke22

Started ss 2 1/2 wks ago and as of 2 wks had 1st off! So proud of that-started at 12st 7lb, so want to lose 2st. However, only people who know I'm on the diet have mentioned my weight loss and I don't know if they're just saying it to encourage me! I havn't told anyone in work or anything that I'm doing it and not one of my colleagues have noticed that I've lost weight!! Not that I'm looking for praise-but wud give me a boost if I knew it was noticeable! It's not like I had a huge amount to lose! Just feeling miserable that nobody has noticed :( does this happen anyone else??

Started ss 2 1/2 wks ago and as of 2 wks had 1st off! So proud of that-started at 12st 7lb, so want to lose 2st. However, only people who know I'm on the diet have mentioned my weight loss and I don't know if they're just saying it to encourage me! I havn't told anyone in work or anything that I'm doing it and not one of my colleagues have noticed that I've lost weight!! Not that I'm looking for praise-but wud give me a boost if I knew it was noticeable! It's not like I had a huge amount to lose! Just feeling miserable that nobody has noticed :( does this happen anyone else??

mmmmm well no one really noticed my weight loss at first. I saw my sister (whom I hadn't seen since before I lost weight) when I had lost 1st 2 lbs and all she said was my face looked thinner!
So don't be disheartened!!

be strong
hugs xx

i wouldnt worry about it. i'm in week 9 and 46lb down and people have only just started to comment.. including one guy today who told me how good i am looking... except i had never met him before so that might not be diet related! :eek:

Last edited:
I think a lot depends on what you wear. I get comments when I wear smaller sized clothing but didn't get comments in my "fat" clothes until I had lost 2 stones. My friend has lost nearly a stone but as it's mostly come off her legs and arms, you can't see it if she wears sleeves and longer skirts. Mind you, some people will never comment however much you lose because they're green with envy!

Mikey same as me I have lost 4 stone 4 in ten weeks not loads of comments yet but I was so big before.another 2 stone and I think people will be commenting!

i wouldnt worry about it. i'm in week 9 and 46lb down and people have only just started to comment.. including one guy today who told me how good i am looking... except i had never met him before so that might not be diet related! :eek:
Sounds like you pulled!! ;)

Back