Need Some Help ... Food for travelling ..

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Im off to cornwall this evening in the car with OH and the kids... we always take snacks so any ideas ? ... Low syn snacky bits to pick on and munch on while in the car?
im doing tea before we leave but they always want somthing munchy ish ..

any ideas would be GREAT i am driving part of the way so ill be safe! :rolleyes: but the rest of it my hands will be free! ...

:) thanks in advance xxx

Ummm...what about Jumbo Snack a Jacks? I think the caramel ones are 2 syns (or 2.5 havent got books to hand). French fries crisps (4.5 syns a pack)

Crudites, cherries, sugar free gum. Call me weird, however, i find if having a "crisp type" snack, that salt & vinegar last longer. Have fun

xx

Boiled sweeties, I know they have sugar, but you can suck one for ages and you will be keeping your blood sugars up and you won't be hungry, mint imperials are good they last for ages and if your mouth is minty then you won't be tempted to eat something else as the taste will not be the same, also a bag of fruit would keep you noshing, carrot batons, celery anything crunchy.

Take care and have a safe journey.

Oooo snackajacks ! ... definatly get some of those! we all like them to so doesnt mean i have to buy sweet stuff for everyone else! ... Im going to take some grapes and french fries to ...

plenty of drinks to ........

if i slice some apple will it keep in a tub or will it go brown ?

Ooooooooo i remember somone telling me about sugar free werthers! ... does anyone know syns for these atall ???

Werther's Original Candy, Sugar Free each plan 1/2 a syn

do you have hexb left? if so break up some crispbreads , take a wee tub of quark thats been seasoned with what you want and use that as a dip.

That Dino is a fab idea! ............ I love the picky bits! ...thanks for this idea:)

use your dip for crudites, potato wedges done the sw way (not sure what plan you are on cos i am all green lol)

Batchelors savoury rice is free n yummy cold.
Or ham slices.
Boiled eggs.
Make chicken skewers (on kebab sticks seasoned with swartz shots or something and grilled).
Make rice pudding with your HEa
Fruit.

I love taking all free foods as you can tell lol x
Have a fab time! x

Mikado choc sticks 0.5 syns per biscuit. Strawberries chopped up and mixed in with a yoghurt (a super speed food too ;) ) grapes, make your own micro crisps and seal them in a zip lock bag to keep fresh.

Where in Cornwall are you going. I come from Hayle near St Ives and I miss it terribly :cry:

Hey Ninja . i was born and raised in PZ thats were we off tonight for the Golowan Festival :) ...
cant wait .. I miss it terribly to, just a shame theres no work down there or we wouldnt have moved! ..

Hey Ninja . i was born and raised in PZ thats were we off tonight for the Golowan Festival :) ...
cant wait .. I miss it terribly to, just a shame theres no work down there or we wouldnt have moved! ..

I want to get back down there so badly. It's both housing and work. My OH is a graphic designer doing artwork for magazines and there's just nothing down there for him.

BTW, I went to Mounts Bay School...where did you go?

PM me :)

Back