Need some motivation! restarters

meoww

Silver Member
I never finished my weight loss journey what is now a year ago, I still have about 15kgs to lose.
I just cant get back into the diet though, but I know VLCDs are the only way I can seriously lose weight.
And I've just been on holiday where I ate quite a lot, and really struggling to get back to just eating sensible 'normal' food, let alone living off shakes.
Any re-starters out there? Did you find it harder 2nd (3rd 5th 7th?) time around? and what tips can anyone give to help?
I find I might manage a couple of days and maybe ill even get into ketosis, but then Id just fade off, slowly eating things that arent allowed until im high on sugar!

I restarted a few weeks ago after a successful LT attempt a few years ago and many failed day 1's that never made it to day 2. I'm day 8 on Exante today and have lost 10lbs this week, it has been super rough I actually don't remember it being this tough last time, but I had a much busier life and literally never sat down so the weight just fell off me and I rarely thought about it. I was doing it with a friend then as well which helped a lot, but you've got loads of friends here who can get you through the rough times.

I basically did a surprise attack on myself , just ordered it and started right away as I had LT sachets left over, switched to Exante when it arrived and it's much better than LT.

I was messing around with SW for a few weeks but it wasn't working for me and I was losing and gaining so I just said thats it!! SW was messing with my head anyway, just thought about food constantly.

So here I am back on the VLCD wagon and actually getting in the swing of it now, I've got just short of 4 weeks to go, and if I can get through this week I'll get through another 4 no problem!!

Good Luck xx

Hi

No answers about restarting, as this is my first VLCD. I have no plans to do this a second time round!! :eek:

You don't have much to lose, and it could be done in about 8 weeks. Perhaps look at it that way? Just 8 weeks out of your life to get to where you want to be.

The first few days are really tough - no doubt about that - but then it really does get so much easier. The thrill of seeing the scales go down, and clothes getting looser is a real motivator for me.

Use the support here - it is invaluable!

If you are tempted to eat, find a distraction. Have a bath, paint your nails, a DVD, a walk.......whatever!

Good luck! :D

I'm restarting tomorrow. I've had I don't know how many Day 1's but this time I will see it through. If I had kept at it when I first started back in August, I would've been around goal now. Everytime I'm tempted I have to remind myself of that. It is really difficult, but nothing in life worth having comes easily.

I did LT Oct 07-Feb 08, never quite got to goal but was happy enough. Unfortunately weight crept steadily back on, I had a couple more goes at losing with lipotrim whenever it crept too far but never got below 10.5 stone before my housemates convinced me to give up and then once I moved out 14 months ago & my shifts changed I went a bit mad and put the whole lot plus a bit more on despite two one-week long attempts at exante (Feb & Oct).

Finally got my head in the game just over 2 weeks ago after moving house again, have finished my left over packs and got three more bumper boxes as I'll be on it for most of the year.

You have done so well up to now, I really think it is important to get to goal and then stay there. You have to NOT listen to your body for the first two weeks, just follow the rules, keep drinking water and stick with it until your body and brain both settle in to ketosis.

Can you identify your over-eating triggers that cause you to stray from the refeeding/maintenance plan? It's probably better to identify these now and formulate a 'forever' plan that you can stick to.

Back