Need to lose weight.

Hi,
Just found this fab site, and am looking for a wee bit of support from anyone out there.
I started using Xenical last Thursday, It was prescribed by my doctor after being advised by my gynecologist , I desperately need a hysterectomy and ideally need to lose two stone in the next three months, that is the target I was given, and my gynecologist isn't willing to do the op until i have lost the weight, I am 15 stone (210lb) and need to get down to 13 stone (182lb). I have been following a low fat diet since Thursday, but don't seem to have any effect from them, Is this normal, and when should I expect to see any signs
of weight loss,
I will keep you all posted on my progress, and any support would be greatly appreciated.
Alison

Hiya! If you keep to 15g'spf fat per meal, you won't see any signs! You will only experience orange oil and running to he toilet if you are consuming too much fat!

I weigh in monthly, but some people do it weekly :)

Good luck!

Hiya and welcome :) I've never had any side effects and so far I've lost 87lbs :D
Good luck xxx

If youre following a low fat diet you very possibly wont have any side effects at all. You may find your low fat diet will help you lose weight but the tablets act as a deterrent against eating anything too fatty.

Just dont expect miracles - a lot of doctors tend to prescribe these as a 'miracle pill' and theyre not. My doctor made it sound as if taking these a few times a day would drastically increase my weight loss :(

Good luck with your weigh ins :)

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome :) I've never had any side effects and so far I've lost 87lbs :D
Good luck xxx

WOW !!! What an incredible achievement alibalibee :D:D:D

If youre following a low fat diet you very possibly wont have any side effects at all. You may find your low fat diet will help you lose weight but the tablets act as a deterrent against eating anything too fatty.

Just dont expect miracles - a lot of doctors tend to prescribe these as a 'miracle pill' and theyre not. My doctor made it sound as if taking these a few times a day would drastically increase my weight loss :(

Good luck with your weigh ins :)

You're spot on Starlight. So many peeps think that all they have to do is take these tablets and the weight magically melts off ( my mum thought it would happen like that for her :rolleyes:...soon put her right ;))

Back