Need Your Words of Wisdom & Help

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
well today should have been day 2 of my restart... i'm going to disappoint you...

i have just had food for tea, and i did the same last night... stuff was going on yesterday and couldn't face diet so ate last night... was all ready to start today, had a soup at lunch, but i've done the same again and just finished eating...

i'm seriously stressed cos i don't think i am 15st 5lbs anymore, have just got on the scales and they read 15st 11lbs...

what am i gonna do???

where do i go from here???

why is restarting sooo hard???

please help me cos i am nearly crying while i sit here typing...

how am i gonna get past this???? can i really have put 6lbs on???

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh hun, don't feel bad, :flowers:I know it's hard but try not to beat yourself up about it. It's only one meal of the day, it delays ketosis I know, but you've had soup for lunch which has got to be better than a huge sandwich or something like that. I'm probably not being much help to you :(. But just so that you know that you aren't on your own, and that when the time's right you will be able to stick to it!! Sending you some good diet vibes:vibes:xxx

well i didn't want to say but i had bolognese pasta bake last night...

tonight i went to takeaway and bought burger and chips and have had 1/2 a garlic and cheese pizza...

safe to say i'm a screw up

so what if you screwed up. tommorow is another day and another oppertunity to suceed. dont you dare beat yourself up, you didn't break a law or hurt anyone you just had a wobble. Do something mad or silly to put a smile on your face, go to bed happy with the knowledge that this "5lbs" is nothing when you SS. look at eveything you have already achieved. your halfway there already. xoxox

You're not a screw-up. Okay? You like food. It isn't a crime.

Restarting is a nightmare. It's taken me three months to get my head back in gear and I, like you, had quite a few false starts.

Question though.

Why didn't you come on here and post that you were tempted to eat so that we could talk you out of it? Cos you know we would have. I'm guessing there's other stuff going on right now that's making this doubly hard.

But don't be so hard on yourself. Stop using all these negative phrases. All you've done is delay your weight loss by one day (well, all right, two! :)). So what? Out of interest (cos this has caused me to mess up sooo many times), it isn't coming up to your TOTM is it? Cos I'm hopeless at getting back on track the week before. If it is the case, you might want to consider waiting until the event.

If on the other hand, it's got nothing to do with that, how about easing yourself in more gently. How about working through the plans backwards? Start with the 1500, then the 1200, etc. until you get back to SS? You'll still start losing weight. Or how about going low carb for a week or two? Get yourself back into ketosis so that you're not hungry in the same way--and then go back on to SS?

But I think you're nearly at the point of saying enough is enough anyway :) So keep trying, okay, hun? And post here when you're struggling--that's what this forum's all about! We've all been there.

Big hugs

no not time of the month chick... wish it was then i would have an excuse...

this diet was started because i was going to a wedding in july, i went and since then i have really struggled... was still losing tho... lost bout 7lbs since 12th july... i know it's not a lot but it was still coming off..

no good me easing myself in, i just need to get straight back to it 2moro and think of how i have felt tonight.. don't want to feel like this again...

my weight has been fluctuating between 15st5 and 15st7 which i could handle and it was 15st7 this morning cos i ate last night... but to jump up to 15st11 has scared the sugar out of me!!!

thanks for your kind words... i'm off work now til tuesday of next week, so 2moro is the day and i know as soon as i get into ketosis i will be rocking... just need some serious support lol

if you've got some time off you can concentrate on yourself and not have to worry about feeling bad while you get into ketosis. you'll get there babes. think about what you want to achieve and what it will take to achieve that. i have just moved up to 810 because sole source wasn't working for me and my body. we all have to do things in a way we can deal with. take stock of what you want and how to get you there. tomorrow is a new day, and each day is the only day that matters. not what happened the day before or what you'll do tomorrow. take it one day at a time babes. we're all here rooting for you :)

abz xx

goolian.. if you havent already.. sign up to icemoose's motivational letters. there is something on there about how your aims change as we lose weight. they are really good and it gives you a lot to think about

after all, loosing weight isnt just about drinking your shakes and counting your cals. it also has a lot to do with how your thinking and whats going on in your head. honestly hun, give them a read and see if you feel more positive

i know the restart is hard. im trying to stick to it but finding it hard to cut out food completely and drink all my water. im getting there tho bit by bit, day by day, and while im not 100% sole sourcing, i have notice that when i am eating, im having smaller portions and picking healthier choices. so its not all negative. We are all human after all.

big hug hun, and hopefully the newletters, or the invaluable support on here will help x x x

Hey Sara - try set mini goals for yourself to help along the journey. Have you any event coming up that you can aim to have lost a certain amount for. If I didn't have holidays in September and a wedding to attend in October, I'm sure my motivation would be lacking.....it's all about mini-goals and achievable ones. Don't beat yourself up over the past, pat yourself on the back for trying to get back into it and take it a day at a time. I find getting on here and chatting, helps to combat any urges to stray......we're all in the same boat. x

Hi Sara
firstly - great advice above and can only say take note and learn from your distress.
The weight gain could be your glycogen stores filling back up? this stuff holds water so you weigh heavier and as soon as you go back into ketosis your body uses the glycogen stores up first (hence the fantastic losses in week one)
Get yourself back on track by sole sourcing and getting yourself to your happy weight - only you can make yourself do it - we all deserve happiness and you have done so well so far.
Tomorrow is a new day.............

thanks for your kind words... i'm off work now til tuesday of next week, so 2moro is the day and i know as soon as i get into ketosis i will be rocking... just need some serious support lol

Good luck hun, we're all behind you 100%!!!! Just think how great you'll feel once you get back onto it.:bliss: Hope it all goes well for you. xxx

Come on hun, focus or give yourself a goal!!!!

We are 100% behind you...

I am yet again on a restart, but my head really feels in the right place again!!

Love

goolian - look at the team 7 posts and come and join that too. It is going to be a tough week for me as well. My first day is tomorrow. I'm fat and getting bigger so this diet will be a drastic thing for me mentally. Let me know how you are getting on tomorrow.

Here here Angela1 - we're a team and need Goolian. And by the way you are NOT getting bigger anymore........you're a CD convert.

I was going to say that you have no idea how excited I am about going to see my CDC next Weds but of course you probably have a very good idea!

:happy036:

cme on - you can do it!!!!

you need to be strong and remeber everytime you wanna put something in your mouth that it really isnt worth it.

just come on here, and have a moan, or get some support.

tomoz is another day,and your gonna do it!!!

nothing but gallons of water and cd is gonna pass your lips!! x

Hi hun, do you think that you would beable to stick to a higher plan eg 810 ??

You can do it hun, dont beat yourself up about it hunni.xx
Good luck.xx

Back