Needing a little help...

danielle20

Hello, My names Danielle. Im completely new to this site and to dieting. I weighed myself for the first time in months last week and I have gained over a stone and all Ive done is cry, cry, cry. :mad: I am 20 years old, weigh 15 stone & I am 5'8 tall. I dont know what my ideal weight is because every website tells me something different.. could somebody please help me? I need a goal to work towards. For the past 2 days I have been eating tiny meals and I mean tiny.. but healthy food. How much should I weigh, how much should I expect to lose by consuming 500 calories or less a day? I just need help and advice.. I am majorly trying to get my 8 glasses of water in a day and thats easy enough. Please any advice would be muchly appreciated.
Danielle x

Hello :) Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, the tough love, by eating 500 calories or less a day the only thing you are likely to lose is will power.

Now the good news:)

There is no need to be hungry, get on line and find a slimming world class you can get to. You are in for a shock! I am eating the same amount as last week, just better options. Last week I was obese, this week I am a signed up member of Slimming World on my journey to a healthy weight.

As for a goal, why not set yourself the 10% as a starting target. Studies show that loseing just 10% will make huge differences to you health wise. Once you've done that, then you can look at your next target.

I am 5ft 8in as well, and I have even more weight than you to lose so don't feel alone.

YG

hi and :welcome: to the forums!

Good luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Hello and :welcome2:

Good luck on your weight loss ! :)

Hi and welcome.

First things first you cannot possibly survive on 500 calories a day so dont do that. Go to your doctor and get some advice on healthy eating.

Im 22 and i was 18 stone 4lbs in january, but healthy eating and exercise has helped me get to 13 stone 6lbs now. I know its upsetting but there is no magic wand, you have to work long and hard to get to your goal.

Back