Needing a little help...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by danielle20, 3 August 2010 Social URL.

1. danielle20

danielle20 New Member

Hello, My names Danielle. Im completely new to this site and to dieting. I weighed myself for the first time in months last week and I have gained over a stone and all Ive done is cry, cry, cry. :mad: I am 20 years old, weigh 15 stone & I am 5'8 tall. I dont know what my ideal weight is because every website tells me something different.. could somebody please help me? I need a goal to work towards. For the past 2 days I have been eating tiny meals and I mean tiny.. but healthy food. How much should I weigh, how much should I expect to lose by consuming 500 calories or less a day? I just need help and advice.. I am majorly trying to get my 8 glasses of water in a day and thats easy enough. Please any advice would be muchly appreciated.
    Danielle x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Ygerna

Ygerna you lookin' at me?

Slimming World
    Hello :) Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, the tough love, by eating 500 calories or less a day the only thing you are likely to lose is will power.

Now the good news:)

There is no need to be hungry, get on line and find a slimming world class you can get to. You are in for a shock! I am eating the same amount as last week, just better options. Last week I was obese, this week I am a signed up member of Slimming World on my journey to a healthy weight.

As for a goal, why not set yourself the 10% as a starting target. Studies show that loseing just 10% will make huge differences to you health wise. Once you've done that, then you can look at your next target.

I am 5ft 8in as well, and I have even more weight than you to lose so don't feel alone.

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. 500 calories are not enough. You need far more if you want to count calories.

Irene xx
  5. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    hi and :welcome: to the forums!

Good luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x
  6. Stormwind

Stormwind Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    Hello and :welcome2:

Good luck on your weight loss ! :)
  7. Ria.

Ria. Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My Own
    Hi and welcome.

First things first you cannot possibly survive on 500 calories a day so dont do that. Go to your doctor and get some advice on healthy eating.

Im 22 and i was 18 stone 4lbs in january, but healthy eating and exercise has helped me get to 13 stone 6lbs now. I know its upsetting but there is no magic wand, you have to work long and hard to get to your goal.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.