Negativity ?????????????

Dublin_Lad

anybody i know , who knows im starting this , is saying the usual

once u stop the diet it will all pile back on and more etc

starting to play on my mind to be honest

has anybody lost over 60lbs on this and kept it off ???????????

anybody i know , who knows im starting this , is saying the usual

once u stop the diet it will all pile back on and more etc

starting to play on my mind to be honest

has anybody lost over 60lbs on this and kept it off ???????????

I dont know anybody thats lost 60lbs but youll only pile back on the pounds if you go back to your old way of eating. If you start a diet its about changing the way eat nut is also changing the way you approach food and how you eat.

so on this diet or any diet you shouldnt pile the pounds back on if your sensible :)
:eek:

Tell them all to get lost!!!.......as Kel said it will only fail if you let it fail. The hardest part of losing weight is maintaining the loss...and you can be successful by eating sensibly and exercising regulary.

People who give you a hard time will be jealous of your weight loss but will want you to fail because it will make then feel better about their own failures.

Divvent let them distract you......you can do it :)

Ignore the people that say this to you!

I had exactly the same at work when I first started the diet..and I ignored them. 2 reasons really.

1. They have no idea what it feels like to be overweight, so cannot understand why you are thinking of doing the diet.
2. Once you have completed the diet, you should hopefully not want to eat as much as you once did. There's no way I would think now about eating a bucket of KFC chicken to myself and Adam...it makes me feel rather sick to be honest!

Just do what makes you happy!

They will be the first ones to comment when you are losing the weight and seem a lot happier for it!

Sooz xx

p.s. just keep thinking in your mind "Sod them all!"

Hi, I was one of those who cut out food completely and did Lighter life. I lost 3st 2lbs, and put over 4st back on! I did it by not banishing my old eating habits and as I am bored a lot of the time, I ate a lot of the time. My excuse was "but I am hungry and my stomach is rumbling a bit" so I would eat.

With this diet I am eating proper food with (some) carbs, a lot of protein, and some fat in it. The protein helps me stay fuller for longer. A 200g chicken breast at 240 calories will keep me feeling fuller than a 200g (ie small) jacket potato at roughly the same amount. I feel that with a bit of willpower and sensible planning, there is no reason why I can't continue to eat this way (ie with my three main meals more protein based thus hopefully eliminating snacking in-between meals and just dealing with the 'boredom compulsion').

I am eating between 1100-1200 calories per day including one shake. I can honestly say that I have 'hardly ever' been ravenous. If I was on a conventional 1100-1200 calorie diet I would have used all my calories by lunchtime and still been starving.

I am still having the odd treat inbetween meals but because I am eating the treat while I am not hungry, I have not felt compelled to eat more of them and find it easier to say "NO!" when that little voice in my head tells me to get another one.

I am used to smaller portion sizes now, and know what 'being satisfied' feels like, previously I would have really stuffed myself like a pig all day until I felt bloated and sick.

So, I do think that it will be easier to keep the weight off with this plan, as I have done everything they tell you do to which is mainly reduce your portion sizes.

Back