Nervous

Pink_Peony

I am due to join my local SW group tomorrow and I am really nervous :wave_cry: I don't know why really as these things don't normally bother me but I just feel quite anxious about it. I am sure I will be ok when I get there and my cousin has said that she might come and join next week so am sure all will be ok in the end :D

hiya im joining for the first time tomorrow to and a little bit nervous. hope you dont have to stand up in front of everyone and tell them a little bit about your self. i wouldnt be able to do that

We all get nervous before we go to a class for the first time (even when I've rejoined) but nobody judges you, and to be honest my main feeling is relief! To think that I've admitted that I can't do it on my own and that I'm amongst folk who all are there for each other. It's a big family. Well done for taking the decision to go, you will be pleased you did, Judi.

Don't worry, there will be loads of people starting so you won't be alone, our group have over 20 turn up to join last night, our consultant ran out of books!!!

There is nothing to worry about when you join for the first time Hun! If you stay to the group Image part (which I would recommend), your consultant (depending how busy the class is) will either just call out your name and everyone gives you a round of aplause for taking the first step to joining, or she may ask you what motivated you to joining SW in the first place. You are not expected to stand up and neither do you tell anyone your weight, so you are safe there!
Just enjoy it and savour the fact that you have made the right decision!!!

Kerry-Ann

Go you will be fine and so relieved you are doing something about your weight,no one judges dont forget we all go for the same reason!Bet you feel great when you come out of meeting.lots of luck,I couldnt have stuck it only for coming on here.I never get past 2 weeks!!!Lost 3 st since august and feel fab,dropped from 26 to 16/18 dress size.

Thank you so much ladies! You are all right, once I am there I will be fine! I am definitely going to stay for Body Image as I think it helps a lot!
You are all doing so well too, you are my inspiration :)

the first step is always the hardest everyone is nervous, i remember going for the first time alone and thinking that everyonewould be horrible to me because i didnt have mcuh to loos ebut everyone is lovely and supportive

and it's fun XXX thats the main thing to remember ladies your doing something really really positive and when you go it's a club i was dead nervous both times but once your there and people talk to you it will melt away.

Back