nestle caramel rice pudding dessert mix

cruisedolly

I have just put the info in the online calculator and it says this is free on EE. Not sure if I have done it right and hopefully someone can confirm.

It has dried rice in it, so I entered this in the free food section. per 100g is 376kcal, protein 3.1g, carbs 90.3, fat 0.2g. I entered the figures as per 100g and the pack is 66g so entered this in the last box. (I realise it has to be made up with milk so this will be from healthy A, or syns).

cruisedolly said:
I have just put the info in the online calculator and it says this is free on EE. Not sure if I have done it right and hopefully someone can confirm.

It has dried rice in it, so I entered this in the free food section. per 100g is 376kcal, protein 3.1g, carbs 90.3, fat 0.2g. I entered the figures as per 100g and the pack is 66g so entered this in the last box. (I realise it has to be made up with milk so this will be from healthy A, or syns).

I'm afraid that a desert like this doesn't have any free food allowance, and you can't use the milk in it as part of your healthy a, so it would be a straight 20calories = 1 syn calculation.

Sorry.

Thanks for the reply, although I am still confused. If dried rice is in the free food list in the online syns calculator why couldn't I use it. Also cannot undertand why I cannot use some of my milk allowance to make up the dessert. I understood we could use our milk in cooking as well as in drinks - surely we are allowed to use milk to make up a rice pudding? Anyway, I am now going to take the packet to class and ask my consultant - not going to eat it until I know for sure.

The syns online tool clearly says that:
If your product falls into one of the following groups it will not be given a Free Food allowance:
Puddings & desserts

So when you start your calculation select no free food. Personally I would say that if you chose to use your Milk hexa in this then it's up to you and should be fine. HTH!​

Beegee said:
The syns online tool clearly says that:
If your product falls into one of the following groups it will not be given a Free Food allowance:
Puddings & desserts

So when you start your calculation select no free food. Personally I would say that if you chose to use your Milk hexa in this then it's up to you and should be fine. HTH!

I knew I'd read it somewhere.

Re the milk - I agree if you make it up yourself you should be able to use your hea allowance.

Thanks for that, I was using the wrong calculator - new to this and a bit confused as there are 3 different ones on the sw website. will go back and try again, lol.

yikes, worked out at 12 1/2 syns per pack (serves 2). Just goes to prove that something labelled as low far isn't always low syns.

Back