Nettee's journey to a healthy BMI - 1 stone lighter by Easter?

That sounds like a good reason to stay in control! I have just succumbed to post work and school run munchies. Probably about 30 Syns or just under. Now to think up some free supper !

Haha - that's one advantage I have - no food to prepare for anyone else!! I'm such a snacked and pick all the time - I'd be terrible with young kids. Lucky mine is nearly 18 :)

Yes - temptation everywhere with the children...

Not a free supper I am afraid but moving on now.

Red day today.

A good red day today with just 10 syns. I had 1 syns worth of black bean sauce with my lunch time stir fry. Not much - but enough to add the flavour.

Have been shopping today and stocked up on some good SW food.

tomorrow is the pizza hut lunch day for my son's birthday. I intend to have the 500 kcal pizza, lots of salad, water to drink, apple from the salad bar for pudding and no more that 5 other syns tomorrow. Just need to stick to the plan now and all will be fine.

Yesterday nearly went to plan but not quite, especially when it came to supper. 500 cal pizza, salad, a few chips and a crust of another pizza plus tea. 2 cola bottles in ghe afternoon then for supper: an Indian takeaway consisting of plain rice (free) chicken shaslick (hopefully not too bad) half a keema naan (bought specially as I don't like it so very silly And high syn) a poppadom (my planned syns) and some vege curry ( who knows).

Today has been going much better and I have dodged the children's party temptation this afternoon. HexB of porridge this morning, SW/ Iceland free vege pasta for lunch, fruit and yoghurt for pudding, fruit and veg sticks at the party. 15 syns still in hand.

Hmmm - last night supper was a small macaroni cheese (not much but not on plan)

Today was going beautifully till I got home and found unexpected cake. Haven't had that much of it and have now stopped. Steak and sw chips tonight I think with French beans. Red day tomorrow.

Hoping for some sort of loss this week but have been very up and down so we will see

I do that with sauces and gravy - it's amazing how they can transform your meal for very little calories (as long as you measure the portion).

24cals of mint sauce covers my boring green veg and to me turns into a really tasty part of my meal.

I also use malt vinegar and lea perrins on my scrambled egg whites.

Spoonful of m&s burger sauce and pickle relish from m&s is 30 cals and I put it on a quorn burger or normal low cal burger and it tastes a bit like McDonald's.

Same with gravy - 20cals makes a normal meat and veg dinner feel like a roast.

Love those little tricks :)

Thanks - blondcat - lots of good saucy ideas. I love gravy too and yes it is syns but not many!

A spot on red day today for just 8 syns. Hope that my ups outweigh my downs on the scales tomorrow.

I am working my way through a tin of haricot beans and have decided I like them even less than all the other types of beans - I thought all beans were the same :)

Pork and veg stir fry with black bean sauce for supper ( with extra beans!). 2 more syns there for the sauce again but well worth it.

Tuesday night preview weigh in is giving good early indications for tomorrow's result!

My daughter was a bit under the weather at bed time though so I may not make it to group tomorrow.

No group as my daughter is tucked up in bed so I have recreated weigh in at home and am very pleased to be down 1.5lb following a good loss last week and to have awarded myself my 2 stone award! Very important now to keep up the motivation so I can pick it up officially next week.

I am delighted to report that my cheek bones are making an appearance! My Husband even noticed it :)

Half a deep crust pizza gone :( why am I so silly sometimes. I was feeling so pleased and in the zone and then suddenly that disappears. Oh well no carbs later on this evening. I will cook the bolognaise I was planning and just have a little bit of the sauce with lots of speed food in it.

New day tomorrow!

Exactly and half a pizza won't make a difference to anything. Two stone is amazing - well done :)

Thank you. I did succumb to afternoon munches again yesterday. Probably 30 syns. And then I had a small but off plan supper. Fed up with myself.

Off to the supermarket today though which will make it easier to eat the right things as the fridge will be stocked.

Hello again, 5 days off plan in total but yesterday was good and I am on track for a good red day today. I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I think I should get away with a tiny loss for tomorrow or a maintain so not too much damage done. Then one more week to see what I can do before the holiday.

Hello again, 5 days off plan in total but yesterday was good and I am on track for a good red day today. I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I think I should get away with a tiny loss for tomorrow or a maintain so not too much damage done. Then one more week to see what I can do before the holiday.

Not too shabby at all after 5 days off. Good luck!

1/2 a pound down - amazing what can be done in two days! Now I have one more week left for this spell between Christmas and Easter. 9.5 lb lost so far in 10 weeks, would be good to get down another 1.5lb next week to make a 1 lb per week average.

I am not going to make my original target of 10st 0.5 lb but will be within touching distance. I think I should be able to go for it this week and stick to the plan all week as DH is working over the weekend. If I do that I am sure I could lose 2 - 3 lb after my dodgy week this week which could get me down to 10st 2 lb which would be pretty amazing.

I need to keep posting here and possibly do a proper diary.

The big danger of this plan is that I would then go crazy for two weeks after next Wednesday as I am away on holiday from Saturday afternoon till Sunday evening and I do want to keep my 2 stone award at least. I think the plan for next week is to stick to plan until Saturday afternoon and go back on it on the Tuesday before weigh in. (we have dinner out on Easter Monday). Also to drink wine alternate nights and otherwise stick to water (maybe one glass bottle of coke when the moment feels right during the week), be careful with breakfasts, and not have puddings at lunch times.

One week at a time though, time to get my diary going........

Whoop Whoop day one complete. 10 syns and an EE day. SW curry with rice and 6.5 syns on a mini naan.

6 days to go :D

Whoop Whoop day one complete. 10 syns and an EE day. SW curry with rice and 6.5 syns on a mini naan. 6 days to go :D

Well done!!

Went I was in Singapore for 2 weeks in September I didn't put on anything despite drinking every day. I think I kept the weight off by having 2 very very light meals a day and then whatever I wanted for dinner. I also went to the gym / swimming etc, not like a manic but a bit here and there.

It can be done - you just need restraint in 2 meals out of 3 (no desserts!) or me fairly good across all 3. That's my guess of it anyway. Wish I'd applied that NYC, France and Hong Kong in the last 3 months!!! Haha

Thanks Cat. I think it helps to have some sort of plan for holidays rather than nothing. That way I would be less likely to just randomly add in a chocolate bar or have extra helpings - all the old bad habits that would creep back if I told myself it was a 'week off'. An exercise in damage limitation maybe :)

Just 5 syns today. Flying through the week so far.

prawn stir fry with beans and black bean sauce for lunch. Yummy and only one syn. Usual Friday evening temptations this evening but I am doing ok and have only had 11 1/2 so far. Need to think up some free supper to stay under 15....

Back