Never done cooking, washing up & shopping!!

Ugh, tell me about it! I love cooking and can get a lasagne for my boyfriend in the oven from scratch in about 20 mins flat but I detest the endless washing up, I feel like i'm chained to the kitchen sink! I'm too soft with my bf, I could ask him to help but knowing me he wouldn't do it right and i'd get annoyed and take over anyway lol!

I try and stay on top of my cleaning but it falls by the wayside until I get so annoyed I go on a 2 hr cleaning spree! I don't have a lot of freezer space either but if i've got veg that won't get used up i'll chop it up and freeze it, such as swede, and I always use frozen broccoli because fresh seems to go off in about 2 days. I really like the tesco or birds eye steam veg bags, 2 mins in the microwave and it's done :)

I'm too soft with my bf, I could ask him to help but knowing me he wouldn't do it right and i'd get annoyed and take over anyway lol!

God I do know where you're coming from!!! :eek: My b/f is not lazy or anything, he does "clean" - washing up, hoovering, bathroom etc - but he makes SO MUCH MESS in the progress it looks worse than it did when he started! Just a trail of frickin destruction in his wake! :confused: He leaves everything he uses in the last place he used it, when he's hoovering he just pushes stuff over the floor *with* the Hoover without putting it back... washing the plates he just seems to shift all the grot off them onto the work surface instead, he never finishes the whole lot anyway, then he leaves the bowl full of crap and the sink blocked. And if he piuts the drying away he never *ever* puts things where they 'live' Im always searching high and low for something really basic like A Pan. And he rearranges my bladdy fridge every time he opens it, EVEN THOUGH the milk is right in front of him and he doesnt need to touch ANYTHING ELSE to access it :mad: When he gets stuff out the cupboard he just leaves the cupboard door open and whatever he was using he leaves out on the worktop. He even left the bloody front door wide open once when he went to work! How we didnt get robbed I Do. Not. Know. :sigh:

ermintrude said:
God I do know where you're coming from!!! :eek: My b/f is not lazy or anything, he does "clean" - washing up, hoovering, bathroom etc - but he makes SO MUCH MESS in the progress it looks worse than it did when he started! Just a trail of frickin destruction in his wake! :confused: He leaves everything he uses in the last place he used it, when he's hoovering he just pushes stuff over the floor *with* the Hoover without putting it back... washing the plates he just seems to shift all the grot off them onto the work surface instead, he never finishes the whole lot anyway, then he leaves the bowl full of crap and the sink blocked. And if he piuts the drying away he never *ever* puts things where they 'live' Im always searching high and low for something really basic like A Pan. And he rearranges my bladdy fridge every time he opens it, EVEN THOUGH the milk is right in front of him and he doesnt need to touch ANYTHING ELSE to access it :mad: When he gets stuff out the cupboard he just leaves the cupboard door open and whatever he was using he leaves out on the worktop. He even left the bloody front door wide open once when he went to work! How we didnt get robbed I Do. Not. Know. :sigh:

Your bf and my hubby must be related. mine also just leaves everything out where he last touched it. It drives me mental.

See now a dishwasher and frozen veg are my best friends!! I can cook but hate all the faffing so easy, simple meals all the way in my house and tough if dh and my kids don't like it!

Haha ermintrude that sounds very familiar!! My bf still doesn't know where most of the things in the kitchen are, and we moved into this house in March! He complained that I bought a really girly pink Hetty hoover and I said well i'm the only one who'll use it so i'm allowed a nice girly one :D I talk to her and everything "come on Hetty!" haha i'm not mad, honestly.

He likes to mess up the tins in the cupboard too because I always put them facing forwards and the right way up and he thinks it's funny :)

Back