never EVER AGAIN!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sm1ler, 25 September 2008 Social URL.

1. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Will i be buying Quorn!!!!!!!
    Today i brought the chicken tikka fillets and minty lamb burgers.
    After really not liking the mince i fort i will give somthing else a try.
    OMG just the smell made me feel sick BUT i tried it anyway and YUCK, i have never tasted anything like that in my life!!!
    All i ended up having for my dinner was a big plate of rice and some home made doritos!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    ooh the minty quorn burgers are my fave!!

x x

5. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only like quorn mince. When making a shepherds pie, I usually add stuff too it and the quorn picks up that flavours, but I dont like the other quorn stuff.

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I love the Quorn dippers theyre lovely. Love the escalopes too but you can never get the blooming things :(

7. Lindam

Lindam Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    have to agree that the minty lamb things are foul hot - but leave them to go cold and chop them into cous cous and they are not that bad!

8. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

that is exactly what i thought about quorn mince.. it was like eating paper... but then i put it on the hob together with courgettes and bell peppers and some mixed herbs and it was alright.

9. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    I didn't like the Quorn lamb either! Reminded me of actual meat, and as a veggie, that really put me off.

10. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    I cant stand quorn it makes me gip.

11. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

the mince is ok as long as u add lots to it..........bovril to make it taste meaty.......but the rest of the quorn stuff is yuk...........

12. Emerald

Emerald Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh I love the quorn stuff I've tried. I can't be bothered with meat sausages anymore, not when I can have the quorn ones totally syn free, they just taste too similar to bother with meat. And I prefer the taste of the chicken pieces to actual chicken in a curry or similar. And I LOVE the southern burgers...

I've never tried quorn but must admit I'm a real convert. I think if you like quorn it makes the diet a bit easier so I'm lucky I like it, it's a shame it's not to everyone's taste. I think the mince is really strange but fine mixed in with enough flavours.

Emerald
    X

13. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like most of it. I think its a good substitute for meat and some of it is quite often on offer.

14. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

eurgh those tikka fillets smell like vomit when they're cooking and they don't even taste like tikka!

i don't like the mint lamb thingys either.

i'm a vegetarian, so eat alot of quorn, and have to say that the mince is also pretty crap although i do eat it. i like the chicken styled pieces and pretty much all of the chicken style escalopes. the sausages are so so and edible...especially as they're free.

15. Anna*

Anna* Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My other half made lasagne with quorn mince tonight, i have to say that its not the real thing but not a bad substitute. Ive not tryed other quorn products but im not a great fan of meat anyways, usually use just as a filler, any of the other types that you would recommend? x

16. mod-karen79

tesco's had frozen quorn crispy fillets on offer for £1.09 for a box of 2. they're like chicken breasts in a light batter. they're 3.5 sins per fillet and i like them with SW potato wedges.

quorn chicken style pieces are like diced chicken and you can add them to pasta dishes, stir fries, etc. they're sin free on both days.

quorn southern style burgers are like southern fried chicken burgers. they're about 2.5 sins (i think) per burger and lovely!

17. angelcake72

angelcake72 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tried Quorn mince an it was yuk - never again - couldn't eat dinner!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mod-karen79

i've found if you add gravy to it it tastes ok and if your making a bolognaise add something beefy like bovril to make it taste meatier.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.