never EVER AGAIN!!!!!

sm1ler

Will i be buying Quorn!!!!!!!
Today i brought the chicken tikka fillets and minty lamb burgers.
After really not liking the mince i fort i will give somthing else a try.
OMG just the smell made me feel sick BUT i tried it anyway and YUCK, i have never tasted anything like that in my life!!!
All i ended up having for my dinner was a big plate of rice and some home made doritos!!!

I LOVE Quorn but the minty burger things are absolutely vile!!!

I only like quorn mince. When making a shepherds pie, I usually add stuff too it and the quorn picks up that flavours, but I dont like the other quorn stuff.

I LOVE Quorn but the minty burger things are absolutely vile!!!

have to agree that the minty lamb things are foul hot - but leave them to go cold and chop them into cous cous and they are not that bad!

i cud have tol ya u wouldnt like em they taste like flavoured cardboard to me

that is exactly what i thought about quorn mince.. it was like eating paper... but then i put it on the hob together with courgettes and bell peppers and some mixed herbs and it was alright.

I didn't like the Quorn lamb either! Reminded me of actual meat, and as a veggie, that really put me off.

the mince is ok as long as u add lots to it..........bovril to make it taste meaty.......but the rest of the quorn stuff is yuk...........

Oh I love the quorn stuff I've tried. I can't be bothered with meat sausages anymore, not when I can have the quorn ones totally syn free, they just taste too similar to bother with meat. And I prefer the taste of the chicken pieces to actual chicken in a curry or similar. And I LOVE the southern burgers...

I've never tried quorn but must admit I'm a real convert. I think if you like quorn it makes the diet a bit easier so I'm lucky I like it, it's a shame it's not to everyone's taste. I think the mince is really strange but fine mixed in with enough flavours.

Emerald
X

eurgh those tikka fillets smell like vomit when they're cooking and they don't even taste like tikka!

i don't like the mint lamb thingys either.

i'm a vegetarian, so eat alot of quorn, and have to say that the mince is also pretty crap although i do eat it. i like the chicken styled pieces and pretty much all of the chicken style escalopes. the sausages are so so and edible...especially as they're free.

My other half made lasagne with quorn mince tonight, i have to say that its not the real thing but not a bad substitute. Ive not tryed other quorn products but im not a great fan of meat anyways, usually use just as a filler, any of the other types that you would recommend? x

tesco's had frozen quorn crispy fillets on offer for £1.09 for a box of 2. they're like chicken breasts in a light batter. they're 3.5 sins per fillet and i like them with SW potato wedges.

quorn chicken style pieces are like diced chicken and you can add them to pasta dishes, stir fries, etc. they're sin free on both days.

quorn southern style burgers are like southern fried chicken burgers. they're about 2.5 sins (i think) per burger and lovely!

Tried Quorn mince an it was yuk - never again - couldn't eat dinner!

i've found if you add gravy to it it tastes ok and if your making a bolognaise add something beefy like bovril to make it taste meatier.

Back