Never low carbed before....

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Barb, 30 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    but know that carbs are a big issue for me - I would happily exist on crisps/cakes/biscuits/rice and potatoes!:eek:

So, I was wondering, how successful i would be if I went onto eating mainly protein and veg? A little fruit maybe but radically cut out the processed stuff? :D
    What do you low carb folk think?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    cd / ss
    I started low carbing. having 50g a day and still lost weight.
    I think if like me carbs were your main source of food, then it should just fine.
    Good luck
  4. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Hi Barb,

I am very interested in low carb eating, but have never fancied Atkins as I am not a big (red) meat eater. Then I discovered Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Low Carb Diet, which has some interesting ideas if you incline towards being vege as I do, altho' I do still eat chicken, fish and a little red meat very occasionally. You can find her book on Amazon, also the cookbook that goes with it.

I am also interested in low carbing because my 2 girls are insulin dependent diabetics, and insulin is the hormone which deals with carbohydrate, but also stimulates appetite and encourages the body to store fat. I have read a lot in diabetes forums of people who go low carb to help lower their bood sugars and end up losing quite a lot of weight as a 'side effect'.

I do believe it is the way to go, if only I could do it properly, but like you I am rather too fond of bread, potatoes, choccy etc!
  5. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Hi Sue

that book sounds interesting, I'll take a look. Like you I'm not a great meat fan but I do like fish. I was thinking that I could maybe try cutting out the processed stuff and go with someting like a yogurt and banana for breakfast, a ham salad for lunch and then maybe jacket potato and salad with some chicken or fish for dinner. Probably still too many carbs but a major improvement on what I eat now.
    I don't know, I just feel I would like to try something different.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.