New and confused

thanks for the info about how to find your posts! I'm new too, to this forum and to Slimming World. I tried it before online but didn't stick to it.

Hi all,

Over the last 9 months I've lost a stone by calorie counting etc. Not great - but then I haven't really stuck to it either, and a stone off is better than a stone on!

However, I really need motivation now, so last week decided to join SW online, I really cannot get to a class. I joined on Tuesday, thinking that paying the money would be good motivation to stick to it. However, I haven't really stuck to it, mostly because I didn't plan my shopping. So, I've decided to shop this weekend and stick to it 100% from Monday. I will reset my progress on SW from Monday.

Can anyone help me with some menu plans? I'm finding it really confusing. I can do any of the schemes, although my family would all whinge if they didn't get their meat, so might be easier to do red days. I'm 51 and currently weigh about 14 stone 11lb so have a way to go. I'd love to lose a couple of stone by May half term (I work in a school so always think in terms of holidays!) as I have my son's passing out parade (from the Police) on 22nd June and daughter's graduation on 16th July, so would like to look a lot less blobby in the photos!

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Hi i'm a newbie too and have had a look at the recipe forum on this site and it is really helpful, i find it hard to think of ideas and always end up having the basics thrown together to make a meal x

Edited: sorry I meant newbie to this site x

Last edited:
green shoes said:
Hi i'm a newbie too and have had a look at the recipe forum on this site and it is really helpful, i find it hard to think of ideas and always end up having the basics thrown together to make a meal x

You're not that new tho are you? You seem very confident for a newbie

green shoes said:
Ooops Really sorry I meant a newbie to this site not a newbie to slimming world x :)

Ah right, if you're a newbie to this site, maybe you should do an introduction post, there is a thread at the top of the Main forum. And maybe start a food diary-I notice you haven't started any threads yet. Don't be afraid to do so, all I would recommend is having a read of the newbies threads(one of which i have bumped for you)as they will guide you in the right direction, and help you if you are determined to succeed

Ah right, if you're a newbie to this site, maybe you should do an introduction post, there is a thread at the top of the Main forum. And maybe start a food diary-I notice you haven't started any threads yet. Don't be afraid to do so, all I would recommend is having a read of the newbies threads, as they will guide you in the right direction, and help you if you are determined to succeed

Thank you i have been a bit apprehensive of starting a new thread, just enjoying reading others at the mo i think but i will do eventually x :)

I don't know how to start a food diary it may help as i feel i have very basic meals at times it would be nice to get other points of view

green shoes said:
Thank you i have been a bit apprehensive of starting a new thread, just enjoying reading others at the mo i think but i will do eventually x :)

Oh right??? Why's that then??

I don't know how to start a food diary it may help as i feel i have very basic meals at times it would be nice to get other points of view

Have a wee read of the newbie thread, it'll tell you everything you need to know, Tigger bumped it up for you! :) You'll soon feel like you been on here forever!!

Have a wee read of the newbie thread, it'll tell you everything you need to know, Tigger bumped it up for you! :) You'll soon feel like you been on here forever!!

Thank you I am just about to read it! theres lots of useful info on here isn't there i guess thats why i haven't started a thread yet as well, ive just been busy reading :)

Back