New and finding my way around here (I think I am anyway! lol)

Oh my word girls I'm sorry I've been MIA! I didn't receive any of the notifications that you'd posted, I think it lets you know of the first and then you have to log in and I've been run off my feet getting the children ready to go back to school, they went back today, I think I was ready for that, have been very tired!

Not only because of normal stuff but a neighbour handed me a box with an orphaned baby squirrel just over a week ago, the mother was knocked down by a car so couldn't do anything but hand feed him (every 3-4 hrs day and night) until I got him to a wildlife rescue centre which proved harder than first thought, as most places said they would just put him to sleep. Anyway after a week of looking for the nest of probable other orphans I literally have been shattered and went right off the SW wagon!! I've binged alot and I put on 2lbs and lost all motivation, but since having rest and thinking very carefully about why I'm doing this I've managed to get back on yesterday and today and feel that feeling again that I can do this.

Well done Maria on your fantastic 2.5st achievement!! So happy for you :):banana_dancer::bunnydance:
Hev - well done you are less than when I last logged on!
And hi to Ra-ra and womble and lama ! thankyou for the tip ra-ra on the rice I will definitely give that a try, sounds lovely.

Thought I'd post a pic of the squizzel, who left me looking much better than he arrived, hoping hes doing well and will eventually be released back into the wild.
IMAG5704 (2).jpg

I love alpro yoghurts ... vegan too I think... I thuthink nk I felt cheated at not having all the free taste options with Muller! But at 2 syns for 500ml it is practically free... never seen coconut, will look out for it. I love their vanilla ...

Do you shop in Aldi, I've copied and pasted these, I can't check ingredients, but if you go in there with this list check them in store!

Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Cherry 4 pack (125g pot) ½ syn each
Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Layered Greek Style Yogurt, Cherry 4 pack (125g pot) ½
Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Natural Yogurt (per 100g) FREE
Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g pot) ½
Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Yogurt, Papaya & Coconut (per 100g) FREE
Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Lemon Yogurt 4 pack (per 100g) FREE
Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Toffee 4 pack (125g pot) ½

These are just a couple but as you can see theres lots of flavours there.

I was a vegetarian for 19 years but for health reasons have started to eat fish and I do allow myself to eat gelatine in the muller yoghurts because I'm just so desperate to lose weight to be healthy and live longer for my children, so sacrifices had to be made sadly, so don't class myself as vegetarian anymore even though I still don't eat meat as such. Good luck and if you shop somewhere else let me know and I'll look up some other yoghurts for you, no reason for you to go without yoghurts :) they are a big part of helping me keep to this!

Aaaaw I love the baby squizzel! You are completely excused for being MIA! I too would disappear if I had that cutie to feed every few hours! I just have 2 very greedy kitty cats lol.

Aaaaw I love the baby squizzel! You are completely excused for being MIA! I too would disappear if I had that cutie to feed every few hours! I just have 2 very greedy kitty cats lol.

Is one of your kitties the gorgeous ginger one in your pic? I have 6! The last 2 were because I hand reared kittens for cats protection... I wasn't too good it seems as I found it too hard to let them go! :)

Oh I'd never be able to give them back if I fostered kittens! I'd just be like crazy cat lady with 100 cats lol. Yeah I've got him and the girl cat who is a little more elusive and hard to photograph. I've got a lovely pic of her from last night on my phone though, may try uploading from there....

Aaaw the likeness is quite scary! Yours looks friendlier than ours, she's a people hating princess lol. Ours are mother and son, not that you'd know it the way they fight!

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. So, so busy! How are you Nicola? Miss the chat ;) I was amazed last Wednesday at weigh-in after Christmas....I'd lost 3lb and got my 4st award!!!!!! Please get in touch, I would love to hear your news xx

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. So, so busy! How are you Nicola? Miss the chat ;) I was amazed last Wednesday at weigh-in after Christmas....I'd lost 3lb and got my 4st award!!!!!! Please get in touch, I would love to hear your news xx

Hi Maria, I've slipped and put on just over half a stone as we've had no kitchen, I'm hoping I can get myself back to where I was soon as we are just starting to move stuff back in there now it's almost finished. Means I am going to sort the food out that doesn't belong. Well done on getting your 4st award, you deserve it :) how much more are you hoping to lose? Missed our chats too! x

Hi Maria, I've slipped and put on just over half a stone as we've had no kitchen, I'm hoping I can get myself back to where I was soon as we are just starting to move stuff back in there now it's almost finished. Means I am going to sort the food out that doesn't belong. Well done on getting your 4st award, you deserve it :) how much more are you hoping to lose? Missed our chats too! x
So glad you answered Nicola....I thought maybe you'd gone off-line :( Well done you for only putting on 1/2 stone in all that chaos! You'll soon be back on the straight and narrow lol I'm hoping to get down to 10st which would be lovely but I'm not going to push it too hard! Richard has now lost nearly 5st but still wants to lose another 4st so I have plenty of time ;) Keep in touch love......:)

Hi Maria @maria cleaver how are you doing? Its been a few months and I've made so much progress what about you? I've found the most progress I've made is actually mentally with food and that's the key to keeping everything in check long term. Only problem is because I'm losing years of emotionally eaten weight I'm finding I'm literally up and down every single day, I do think its the emotions I ate so I'm coming to terms with the feelings and know they will pass. Hope you and your partner are doing well and making your own progress! :) x

Aaaw the likeness is quite scary! Yours looks friendlier than ours, she's a people hating princess lol. Ours are mother and son, not that you'd know it the way they fight!

How are you getting on too? Have you reached your goal now as you wasn't far from it last time we spoke!

Hi Maria @maria cleaver how are you doing? Its been a few months and I've made so much progress what about you? I've found the most progress I've made is actually mentally with food and that's the key to keeping everything in check long term. Only problem is because I'm losing years of emotionally eaten weight I'm finding I'm literally up and down every single day, I do think its the emotions I ate so I'm coming to terms with the feelings and know they will pass. Hope you and your partner are doing well and making your own progress! :) x
Hello Nicola love! So lovely to hear from you and glad that you are doing so well. Most of this is a mental fight I think, don't you? I'm just getting over a particularly nasty bout of flu which has left me exhausted and pretty low but I'm hoping that by the end of the week I'll be back to normal! I still weigh the same as I did on the 22nd March....just seem to keep yo-yoing!! I MUST keep positive though, I have lost 4st 10 1/2lbs so far. Keep up the good work love :) xxx

Back